More noobie questions!

jdeaton

The riser is to help in the torque aspect of your engine.  I could go on in technical terms, but with this crowd, what's the use. :smile30:

duanehydro

EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Duanehydro said:
what app?
would be going om my 454 bbc. Its 30 over, big hydro cam, edelbrock performer rpm manifold, holley 850. Thats all i know. Dont know the heads or cam duration, it just has a good lope idling. Turns 5800-6k flat out.

sent from my galaxy tab 2
Ok, a few things I've learned, although I am just a tech, no expert.
On a rpm(you didn't state air gap or not) I like a 1'phenolic open hole spacer, if you have room. It gives a little stronger midrange hit, and due to the plastic it can decrease carb temperature up to 20%. Same setup we just put together on Brent's ss. (Makes it a little easier on starts and such on a hotass summer day)
I use them all the time on customer's boats.

jimsplace

Duanehydro said:
OH yeah, I forgot you're from Cali......you're gonna love the summer here.....LOL! :smile28:

At least the water will probably be a lot warmer, depending where in the Calif. area the boating was done.
The water in Calif. is cooold in some places
      :smile26:

EMBRACETHEHATE

Duanehydro said:
OH yeah, I forgot you're from Cali......you're gonna love the summer here.....LOL! :smile28:
I'm not from that hippy ass state! Anyways do I need longer studs to mount this thing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

duanehydro

oh, hell, wrong thread on the cali thing, sorry.. :smile15:

The spacers I order come with hardware. It's not stainless, though.
To answer the question, yes.

EMBRACETHEHATE

Duanehydro said:
oh, hell, wrong thread on the cali thing, sorry.. :smile15:

The spacers I order come with hardware. It's not stainless, though.
To answer the question, yes.
well shit i have no hardware just the riser. Any ideas?

sent from my galaxy tab 2

EMBRACETHEHATE

Duanehydro said:
Stainless 5/16 all-thread, cut to length... :smile17:
you guys sure make it easy! Thanks again!

Standard pitch on the all thread? Will I have to make another gasket from manifold to riser?

jimsplace

I like to use long stainless set screws.  With an allen wrench they are easy to remove.
Don't forget to put anti-sieze or loctite on them.
    :smile17:

73 Sanger Flat

They added another 1 inch spacer on mine and it raise the RPM curve up some and it also picked up some more  HP and TQ number on the Dyno ..  But the  two inch spacer dropped the HP and TQ number down .. Not sure how much , but the Dyno sheet are at home  ..

I am chaep and I just use all thread , but Jim did give me some set screws for my valve covers and that is a nice way to do it ..

$HAG NA$TY

jimsplace said:
Duanehydro said:

At least the water will probably be a lot warmer, depending where in the Calif. area the boating was done.
Im the guy from that "Hippy A$$ state" think.gif The nice thing about the cool water is when its 115 degrees outside the water is very refreshing.. and it is really only cold on the river.. lakes and such are usually around 70-80 degrees depend time of year and what lakes..plus we dont have turtles gaters and gar-fish in our waters. the water at the river is so clear you can see 50 ft down to the bottom. very bitchin water.. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Crusader

$HAG NA$TY said:
jimsplace said:
Duanehydro said:

Im the guy from that "Hippy A$$ state" think.gif The nice thing about the cool water is when its 115 degrees outside the water is very refreshing.. and it is really only cold on the river.. lakes and such are usually around 70-80 degrees depend time of year and what lakes..plus we dont have turtles gaters and gar-fish in our waters. the water at the river is so clear you can see 50 ft down to the bottom. very bitchin water.. :grin: :grin: :grin:

You can barely see your pump in our lakes here in Texas.....lol.

Devilman

Crusader said:

Medina had the clearest water I've ever boated in.... when it had water anyway. :sad: Depth was very deceptive, bottom would look like it was only a couple feet deep and it would be way more than that. :grin:

Canyon Lake has pretty clear water too. Can be standing neck deep & see your feet plainly.

Although, some of the places we go, I don't think I wanna see what may be down there crawlin around... lol :cheesy:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Crusader said:

Medina had the clearest water I've ever boated in.... when it had water anyway. :sad: Depth was very deceptive, bottom would look like it was only a couple feet deep and it would be way more than that. :grin:

Canyon Lake has pretty clear water too. Can be standing neck deep & see your feet plainly.

Although, some of the places we go, I don't think I wanna see what may be down there crawlin around... lol :cheesy:
Exactly!

Crusader

Devilman said:
Crusader said:

Dang it! This is where y'all have the North beat....I should be more "clear" in my statement.

"You can barely see your pump in most NORTH Texas lakes"

Lol

Devilman

Crusader said:
Dang it! This is where y'all have the North beat....I should be more "clear" in my statement.

"You can barely see your pump in most NORTH Texas lakes"

Lol

Which that kinda surprises me.. I can see the lakes down here closer to the coast bein grungy, but figured stuff up in ya'lls area would be more like Canyon & Medina, the terrain is pretty similar?

Stillhouse is another one with real nice water. I haven't been to Belton, but would assume it is too since it is so close to Stillhouse.

EMBRACETHEHATE

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
They added another 1 inch spacer on mine and it raise the RPM curve up some and it also picked up some more  HP and TQ number on the Dyno ..  But the  two inch spacer dropped the HP and TQ number down .. Not sure how much , but the Dyno sheet are at home  ..

I am chaep and I just use all thread , but Jim did give me some set screws for my valve covers and that is a nice way to do it ..
does it raise the rpms up a lot? That's what I'm worried about, already twisting 5800-6000k running flat out.