More noobie questions!

KONA77

in my experience,  I've only seen one dry jet boat and that's mine,  all the others have a lot of water in them and most v-drives have twice the water in them from what I've seen,  so don't really see what a gallon or so of water to find a leak matter,  :grin:

blazeracer

You just need enough water to cover the intake. If there is any doubt about the transom adapter, just take it off and redo it. Don 't cost nothing but a tube of silicon.

I know of a few boats that never get wet on the inside, but they don't get wet on the outside either...

jimsplace

OK.  There may be reasons to use water to check.

V-Drives shouldn't leak. 
I get water in mine from two sources.
One is water coming over the back, but with caution that shouldn't be an issue.  The other is when I get in the boat from the lake and I'm wet.
Most V-Drives that leak is a result of people not doing maintenance such as greasing the seal locations and never replacing the seals with the right one.

When a Flat has water in the back and stops after a run, there is a what seems a ton of water that comes up between the stringers and a little startling.
Water on a flat surface seems like a lot more than when there is a V in the hull.
        :smile17:

Devilman

I usually just let the water run in the boat till it overflows the sides, guess thats about steering wheel deep... now you guys are saying thats bad? :huh:

lol, I kid...  :grin: :cheesy: Doesn't take much if you are just trying to check the bottom edge of the transom adapter. Couple inches deep or so, at the very back of the bilge area should be enough for that.

My boat stays pretty dry, I get more water in it from getting into the boat than anything else... or at least when the plug is good and tight anyway. :wink: :rolleyes: :cheesy:

HellinnFrnt

Yeah the first few times I stopped I saw this freaking wall of water come sloshing past my foot and was like WTF :smile21: then when I  looked it was only a couple of cups... scared crap out of me....then I figured out with a v-drive it does that from how fast you were going....

EMBRACETHEHATE

KONA said:
in my experience,  I've only seen one dry jet boat and that's mine,  all the others have a lot of water in them and most v-drives have twice the water in them from what I've seen,  so don't really see what a gallon or so of water to find a leak matter,  :grin:
I just don't wanna forget while I'm at a sandbar flirting with ladies :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KONA77

only advise I can offer for peace of mind while enjoying a day on the water and hanging out at a beach somewhere with your toes in the sand is to put a float swithch on your bilge pump  :smile16:

EMBRACETHEHATE

KONA said:
only advise I can offer for peace of mind while enjoying a day on the water and hanging out at a beach somewhere with your toes in the sand is to put a float swithch on your bilge pump  :smile16:
your a genius !

HellinnFrnt

EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:
your a genius !

And now you've done it.....

EMBRACETHEHATE

Duanehydro said:
what app?
would be going om my 454 bbc. Its 30 over, big hydro cam, edelbrock performer rpm manifold, holley 850. Thats all i know. Dont know the heads or cam duration, it just has a good lope idling. Turns 5800-6k flat out.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Disturbed

EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:
your a genius !

whatever.gif

Now you done gone and fukked up!!!  LOL

EMBRACETHEHATE

DISTURBED said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:
your a genius !

whatever.gif

o come on no one sensed my sarcasm :)

jimsplace

KONA said:

You need a bilge pump too? 
Damn, flat's don't have enough room to carry extra stuff.
    :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:
your a genius !

whatever.gif

Just what I was thinking! Kona got a new BFF! :smile20:

Devilman

EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Ok next question, whats everyones opinion of carb spacers?

I have one on mine, but I put it on there for spacing purposes only. I can't see it actually doing anything for it performance-wise though.

I dunno, maybe that has been the secret to my awesome running boat all these years & just never realized it. :huh: :cheesy:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Ok next question, whats everyones opinion of carb spacers?

I have one on mine, but I put it on there for spacing purposes only. I can't see it actually doing anything for it performance-wise though.

I dunno, maybe that has been the secret to my awesome running boat all these years & just never realized it. :huh: :cheesy:
You must have one of those Tornado ones, because your boat is so fast! :smile24: