Another BBF engine buildup

duanehydro

Ok, since I sold the Sanger, I have bought a winger, engine and exhaust-less. It's a TT boat, so i can run in more places.. :smile30:

I have 4 blocks left, 2 late model d9te blocks, and 1 d1ve, and the old dove block that's already .080 over with scars in one hole. Got 2 Cranks, stock stroke, early model internally balanced. Not sure exactly what I'm gonna build yet, but..I would like to build another stroker.... think.gif  What to do, what to do.....
Thinking of trying these headers....the price is certainly right. Just don't know if they will fit or not...anyone here have any ideas, or seen these headers on the lake?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271189605485?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

customtouch

Never seen or heard of them before but the price is definatly right. I don't know but I am guessing they are Chinese knock offs though.

duanehydro

I agree. But you know, I've had bassetts, rewarders, and hookers ......all had their own problems. hell I bought the hookers in 90, and they were made in mexico...... they say these are copies of the bassetts, and I have compared pics, and they look the same....just dont know if they will fit the tx...

veestyle

I've seen those for bbc for a while and would like some feedback also.  The ones I was looking at did not come with water lines.

veestyle

Does boat less Brett run a set of these?  I remember talking about them vaguely with Brett. Remember something about having to cut the collector becuase the angle was for I/O type exh.

Devilman

Pretty sure I have seen those mentioned on PB in the past, dang good price, especially for polished stainless... Whether those headers would fit or not would be my concern. But to be honest, wouldn't you have that issue regardless? With you changing powerplants, it may not matter what brand you get. I'd think with a different engine, you may have different mounting height, engine placement, etc... I dunno though just thinking out loud.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Pretty sure I have seen those mentioned on PB in the past, dang good price, especially for polished stainless... Whether those headers would fit or not would be my concern. But to be honest, wouldn't you have that issue regardless? With you changing powerplants, it may not matter what brand you get. I'd think with a different engine, you may have different mounting height, engine placement, etc... I dunno though just thinking out loud.
think.gif You mite be right! think.gif

Devilman

It would suck badly if it came down to sawin another set of holes in the transom because the new set up didn't fit what was there. :smile20:

duanehydro

Devilman said:
It would suck badly if it came down to sawin another set of holes in the transom because the new set up didn't fit what was there. :smile20:
ummm...that ain't happenin' :smile26:

Devilman

lol, even if you did, who is to say they would still line up with the existing holes? When buying new, I was under the impression that they built them specifically for the customers boat. Greg said he had to give them all sorts of measurements & angles & chit when he ordered those he just got.

That said, guess you would be able to figure out what you'd need by going off the holes in the transom & working forward? maybe.. lol

Instead of that rubber exhaust hose guess you could get some flex pipe. :grin:

images