WTB Lookn for a classic datsun truck

greaser

this one is gonna look good when its done!

blue-02.jpg

oldbuck40

Greaser said:
oldbuck40 said:
I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND ITS ALREADY FITS YOU!!!!! :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

http://waco.craigslist.org/cto/984377964.html

That one was sold on the dallas craigslist about a month ago for $3000. Guess the guy wanted to try to make a quick $500
i hear ya! damn Bert why dont you find something a little more RARE to find!  i could almost bet we could find ya a few 240's and 280Z  :smile23: :smile23: :smile23: :smile23:

Devilman

I gotcha..... Oh man, targa tops, I remember those, lol.... Guy tried to talk me into doing that to my first big 4x4.... Went with a sunroof instead. :grin:

sleek460

Bert, you've got to be kidding !! say it ain't so, what on earth do you want with one of those ? [ unless you're going to drop a 350 in it  ] It can't pull a boat, it can't pull a moped  !!!  I think I know a homeless guy that wants to give one away !!!! I'm looking !!

pro53

Hey Bert click here  :grin: http://www.streetsource.com/ownerprofiles/Default.aspx
Dig the smoothies OLD SCHOOL  :grin:

greaser

sleek460 said:
  Bert, you've got to be kidding !! say it ain't so, what on earth do you want with one of those ? [ unless you're going to drop a 350 in it  ] It can't pull a boat, it can't pull a moped  !!!  I think I know a homeless guy that wants to give one away !!!! I'm looking !!

LOL, I used to drive one when I was in high school, so they have kind of a child hood appeal to me. LOL

pro53 said:
Hey Bert click here  :grin: http://www.streetsource.com/ownerprofiles/Default.aspx
Dig the smoothies OLD SCHOOL  :grin:

NICE!!!!

pro53 said:
When you find ,one how about this style  :grin:

You know I'm scared of hieghts. Thats why I drive a bagged dually.  :smile13:

greaser

Still lookin, I found a guy in Tulsa that has a 77 reg. cab that said I can have it if I pick it up. If it were a king cab I would jump on it, but thats a long drive for it not being exactly what I want. Maybe I am just being to picky.  :undecided:

pro53

Greaser said:
Still lookin, I found a guy in Tulsa that has a 77 reg. cab that said I can have it if I pick it up. If it were a king cab I would jump on it, but thats a long drive for it not being exactly what I want. Maybe I am just being to picky.  :undecided:
Its not that far of a drive. If you can get it for free and you dont want it, ill take it  :grin:
Bert you never know what parts you will need when youi find the king cab. Got any pics.

Devilman

Greaser said:

Whatever you save on the truck, seems it would just be spent on the gas goin up there & back? If you were gonna settle on one you don't want, sure you could find a cheap one closer to home....

Wouldn't say its bein picky, you just know what you want. :wink: They are out there, just depends on how fast you want one in your driveway though. :grin:

greaser

pro53 said:
Greaser said:
Its not that far of a drive. If you can get it for free and you dont want it, ill take it  :grin:
Bert you never know what parts you will need when youi find the king cab. Got any pics.

Here is a link to the pics.

http://flickr.com/photos/22215127@N08/sets/72157604845124506/show/

Devilman said:
Greaser said:

Whatever you save on the truck, seems it would just be spent on the gas goin up there & back? If you were gonna settle on one you don't want, sure you could find a cheap one closer to home....

Wouldn't say its bein picky, you just know what you want. :wink: They are out there, just depends on how fast you want one in your driveway though. :grin:

Kinda what I was thinking. I think if I was to settle on a reg cab, I would be better off getting the one in San Antonio for $400 and that one runs, just needs brake work.

Devilman

Greaser said:
Kinda what I was thinking. I think if I was to settle on a reg cab, I would be better off getting the one in San Antonio for $400 and that one runs, just needs brake work.

You'd probably spend more than that in gas & San Antonio is way closer. You could also go visit Richard, you'd be in his area, lol..... :grin: If you started with a reg cab, couldn't it be stretched? Pretty sure extended cabs weren't available in '64, but Georgie-Porgie had one. :grin:

Found this link on Austin Craiglist, there is a phone number. He lists having Datsun stuff, may be worth a call. http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1009690916.html

There is a little foreign car boneyard right out of Victoria on 77, I'll see if I can't get out there next day or so, see what I can see.....

greaser

Stretching one is more work then I want to do. I'll just keep looking for the king cab. I called thatguy in the CL ad already. he told me he didnt have one.

pro53

Devilman said:
Greaser said:

You'd probably spend more than that in gas & San Antonio is way closer. You could also go visit Richard, you'd be in his area, lol..... :grin: If you started with a reg cab, couldn't it be stretched? Pretty sure extended cabs weren't available in '64, but Georgie-Porgie had one. :grin:

Found this link on Austin Craiglist, there is a phone number. He lists having Datsun stuff, may be worth a call. http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1009690916.html

There is a little foreign car boneyard right out of Victoria on 77, I'll see if I can't get out there next day or so, see what I can see.....

I could do it  :smile15: How much money you got  :grin: I work cheap  :grin: