Winter nationals 2017

Crusader

Was definitely a great time there at the WNs.

BTW.....the pissing match was removed last week from THB FB......and has not come back up on that page.....others personal page have had pissing matches but I couldn't do anything about that. 

Knotty Girl

Well I might be out of line here but in my opinion the THB FB page has been an embarrassment to the true THB forum.com page. Seems like the problems we had on here moved over there. I have seen several post I felt were not what people who enjoy hot boating should be. We should be people who encourage fellow boaters and help them rather than trash them. I have seen other post that would not be acceptable on here. Not laying the blame on anyone but FB seem too hard to control period. Too much is accepted on FB period. The reason I am on FB is to stay up with  family and other racers around the country. Going back to WN it was a fun event when it was an outboard event when some of the car motor guys got involved they tried to make it out to be Street Outlaws. Not only have they screwed this event up they also have screwed up the Outlaw group up. I have talked to some of those people and they are not happy how there stuff has been turning out . One guy said he will no longer attend their events. We have events now we try to keep quiet because some will show we do not want because of their actions. Ok done with my soap box. Over and out.

Crusader

Knotty said:
Well I might be out of line here but in my opinion the THB FB page has been an embarrassment to the true THB forum.com page. Seems like the problems we had on here moved over there. I have seen several post I felt were not what people who enjoy hot boating should be. We should be people who encourage fellow boaters and help them rather than trash them. I have seen other post that would not be acceptable on here. Not laying the blame on anyone but FB seem too hard to control period. Too much is accepted on FB period. The reason I am on FB is to stay up with  family and other racers around the country. Going back to WN it was a fun event when it was an outboard event when some of the car motor guys got involved they tried to make it out to be Street Outlaws. Not only have they screwed this event up they also have screwed up the Outlaw group up. I have talked to some of those people and they are not happy how there stuff has been turning out . One guy said he will no longer attend their events. We have events now we try to keep quiet because some will show we do not want because of their actions. Ok done with my soap box. Over and out.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE is welcome to chime in and say something positive if they read something on FB that they feel is out of line. One does not need to be a Mod or Admin to chime in and say something if you feel something is outta line. I've spent a lot of time weeding out trouble makers......lost a few acquaintances as a result...told them to start their own pages which they did. When I get calls in the middle of the night to settle differences of which I've had nothing to do with, death and bodily injury threats, people talking behind my back in a negative manner all because of my wanting to give back to the community in which I enjoy, it gets tiring. So...if you see something, say something. Complaining about issues elsewhere is nothing but complaining if you're unable to stand up and say something.

Now, I am off of MY soapbox!

Knotty Girl

"Down Simba" I was not directing anything towards you Cliff. Most of what I was saying was directed towards FB as a whole. If you are getting all theses phone calls that should be telling you something. If your upset with my post call me no need to do this here.

Crusader

Knotty said:
"Down Simba" I was not directing anything towards you Cliff. Most of what I was saying was directed towards FB as a whole. If you are getting all theses phone calls that should be telling you something. If your upset with my post call me no need to do this here.

I've seen a lot of chatter about FB yet not one person who has complained, has said one word on FB to settle it down. Since it was brought up on this board, in this post and in others, I felt it was appropriate to respond in this post. Nothing against you or your post at all Henry.....you're always good in my book.

It's been a few months since the phone calls and the threats and on going chatter always filters back to me. I've said things to people about it and it seems to fall on deaf ears. Now it's public.

Knotty Girl

I'm just getting old  :smile16: I want people to respect each other and even respect their differences. Go to the water and enjoy boating and the people.

Crusader

Knotty said:
I'm just getting old  :smile16: I want people to respect each other and even respect their differences. Go to the water and enjoy boating and the people.

I agree with you 100% man. All this other stuff is pure childishness.

See ya on the lake real soon!

TexasJet

Well I had a great time. The CP ran great and the weather turned out awesome. I didn't see any of the drama. Duane Hydro was even there. No Turbo Mike was there. Chop was there also.

Before noon there was a lot of debris in the water. Later in the day it seemed like not so much stuff floating.

Considering how the weather changed for Sunday, we were very lucky on Saturday.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome vid James! Looks like a great turn out! Glad the weather allowed it to happen. Yes, Cliff has his hands full with that bunch over there! Great job on wiping the drama off the books man! That's a full time job! clap.gif