Winter nationals 2017

Knotty said:
None of my business but I never understood why THB has a FB page.
it was not created by THB  Alot of bench racing and pissin in the wind over there. I admit I tried to stir the pot      whatever.gif Lord I appoligize

Knotty Girl

I got a little chuckle when one of them said a hydro could not beat one of their jet boats on spray in 660.  Oh really  think.gif

jimsplace

Knotty said:
I got a little chuckle when one of them said a hydro could not beat one of their jet boats on spray in 660.  Oh really  think.gif

That was funny.
I think the spray they were referring too was up their nose.
There's a reason it's called laughing gas.
    :smile17:

jimsplace said:
Knotty said:

That was funny.
I think the spray they were referring too was up their nose.
There's a reason it's called laughing gas.
Ohhhh my bad. I thought it was hair spray.

EOSpeed

Events and meets? Sounds more like a v-drive crying towel meet.
                                                          clap.gif

Knotty Girl

EOSpeed said:
                                                          clap.gif

Na I just do my racing on the track not on the key boards, I was not bashing squirt boats I have owned several of them (enjoy them all).  I just thought it was entertaining that a hydro cannot beat them in 660'.  Plus the one who said it I raced in Marble Falls, he red lit and I still beat him to the 660 mark. I do not like cocky and running down other peoples boats. I boat and enjoy all of them anyone who really knows me knows that is a fact.  I enjoy the people and the differences in their boats. I do not like their trash talking, and they sounded like those idiots on street outlaws. I would rather build someone up than try and tear them down.  Now I am going to enjoy my big ol pontoon.

jimsplace

EOSpeed said:
                                                          clap.gif

Henry is more serious than I am, but then he can back up what he says.
However, Henry is right in questioning someone who claims, who or what is the fastest.
There is always someone faster it seems.

During the winter time, anyone can make whatever claims they want if they haven't demonstrated previously what they can do.
For me, I can do what I can do, and it's still more than I started out expecting.
Mines still a lake boat to play with.
Faster than some, and slower than others but still a lot of fun.
It's got a hell of a good engine.

Knotty Girl

jimsplace said:
EOSpeed said:
                                                          clap.gif

Henry is more serious than I am, but then he can back up what he says.
However, Henry is right in questioning someone who claims, who or what is the fastest.
There is always someone faster it seems.

During the winter time, anyone can make whatever claims they want if they haven't demonstrated previously what they can do.
For me, I can do what I can do, and it's still more than I started out expecting.
Mines still a lake boat to play with.
Faster than some, and slower than others but still a lot of fun.
It's got a hell of a good engine.

Amen

Crusader

Here's a note from from one of the Winter Nationals organizers Jason Smouse:

Winter nats Jan 21st. Yesterday me and Marty Alexie went down to banana bend. Ming says he will have the canal dredged. He was actually working on it yesterday. Drivers meeting will be held at 11am. Life jackets mandatory, helmets mandatory for the fast class. Absolutely NO drinking if u will be piloting a boat. I will not line u up if I catch wind of it. There is plenty of time afterwards. Classes will be as followed. Anyone can test the faster of the two classes. Pick your poison. The slower of the two will be boats that come from the factory with a min of 3 seats. Stv river rockets are considered to be in the faster of the two classes. We tried 90 and under for the slower class and there were few that could go that slow in an 1/8 mile. PLEASE, if your boat can make it from loves marina we ask that u launch there. It will be a cluster to say the least if everyone tries to launch at BB. We would only like to see the faster MORE exotic boats launch there. Meet and greet will be Friday evening at loves marina and get together Saturday evening as well. Course will be close to 660'. It has always been this length. It may vary a little. If u have any questions shoot away or call/text me. 832 250 4104 This is not a sanctioned event! This is family and friends hanging out at the river watching some boats test! Thanks! Banana bend 1104 Grace Ln, Highlands, TX 77562, loves marina 211 US-90, Crosby, TX 77532

Devilman

TexasJet said:
Most of Yegua has been open since last fall.  Decided to pass on motorhome. Stick with paid for. Rocky is still closed and no date on reopening. No money for repairs, i heard.

I gotcha, good to know. I hear you on paid for, nothing wrong with that.

Crusader said:
Here's a note from from one of the Winter Nationals organizers Jason Smouse:

Winter nats Jan 21st. Yesterday me and Marty Alexie went down to banana bend. Ming says he will have the canal dredged. He was actually working on it yesterday. Drivers meeting will be held at 11am. Life jackets mandatory, helmets mandatory for the fast class. Absolutely NO drinking if u will be piloting a boat. I will not line u up if I catch wind of it. There is plenty of time afterwards. Classes will be as followed. Anyone can test the faster of the two classes. Pick your poison. The slower of the two will be boats that come from the factory with a min of 3 seats. Stv river rockets are considered to be in the faster of the two classes. We tried 90 and under for the slower class and there were few that could go that slow in an 1/8 mile. PLEASE, if your boat can make it from loves marina we ask that u launch there. It will be a cluster to say the least if everyone tries to launch at BB. We would only like to see the faster MORE exotic boats launch there. Meet and greet will be Friday evening at loves marina and get together Saturday evening as well. Course will be close to 660'. It has always been this length. It may vary a little. If u have any questions shoot away or call/text me. 832 250 4104 This is not a sanctioned event! This is family and friends hanging out at the river watching some boats test! Thanks! Banana bend 1104 Grace Ln, Highlands, TX 77562, loves marina 211 US-90, Crosby, TX 77532
Great information. Thank you

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Any out of towners attending this event, check in with the locals. Houston is flooding, which means the San Jac is getting allot of water. Don't drive this far and it not happen. I'm not in the know, but where ever you get your info, keep an eye on it! think.gif

Knotty Girl

They acted like jr. high kids on FB. I hope people reading that realize true racers do not act that way. Go to the track get on lights then see how you stack up. I'm done now.

Trigger

Knotty said:
They acted like jr. high kids on FB. I hope people reading that realize true racers do not act that way. Go to the track get on lights then see how you stack up. I'm done now.

Agreed! It's been fun to watch the pissin' contest though. Lol 
Some people do it for the love of the boats and the sport and some people do it for their ego and to be seen by everyone. The latter is the one that leads to all the butt hurtedness.

Gonna have to call Webster, I think I just made up a word. Haha