What The Heck Was I Thinking?

ChryslerJet

customtouch said:
ChryslerJet said:
David if i had the cash flow I would make you an offer on it.

If the money was right I would sell it to you too, but there does come a time when you need to stop buying and start fixing. No offense intended...........just saying.  I know because that is what I am doing.
I know I am still stockpiling a fleet I have a purpose and method, right now though need to get the CJ done.  If I free up some cash flow may buy a few more specific water vessels for my plan.  Honestly David I would keep it if I were you if you have a place to stash it for a little bit.  Finish the other projects and come back to it.  You may not be lucky enough to buy it back again later. 

Now if and thats a big if right now I bought it you would always have first option to buy it back.

customtouch

Patchman said:
I myself couldn't stand to see it parted out, and it aint my boat.  crazy.gif

Yeah........it is kind of like taking a good loyal dog you have had for ever and putting it in a pound just because it is old. Kind of hard to do!!! LOL!!! :grin:

Devilman

As much as I see where you're coming from on selling it, I'd probably hang on to it IF there was room to store it whereas to keep it from going further downhill. Wouldn't think you'd get much out of it other than what you would be basically getting for the motor (could be wrong). Can have it as kind of a back burner project to blow off steam when not focused on work stuff or other jobs. Tinker with it here & there with no real deadline or rush to finish. Then, when its done you have a nice little buzzbomb to run around in when you feel like a stroll down memory lane. Plus, after you have twisted the throttle off trying to get more speed out of it & your back is beat to hell from the lake traffic, you will have gained a new appreciation for the ride & performance of your other boats.  :wink: :grin:

customtouch

After not seeing it for 23-24 yrs, my daughter was over the other day and saw it again for the first time. She just stood there scratching her head with a kind of blank look on her face and finally she said "I remember it being a lot bigger than that." I just laughed at her and told her "yeah....it's funny how your perspective on things can change with time."" LOL!!!

customtouch

Well I finally made the decision that the odds of me ever getting around to fixing this boat up were just to slim so I am going to get rid of it. Roger (Kona) purchased the engine to use for his work and I am loaning the trailer to my brother to use for his boat. I would much rather give the hull to someone that might use it rather than throw it away. It was a great little boat and I had a lot of fun times in it so I would love to see it back on the water some day. If not (as much as it will hurt me) I will have to cut it up and dispose of it but either way it has to go. If anyone is interested in having it just let me know but it will need to be picked up pretty soon. You can call me at 512-423-7889.

ChryslerJet

David
Let me see what I can do for a trailer I might know someone to give it to.  Wish it still had the motor that part will be tough to over come getting it back on the water.  Might be a couple of weeks have a lot to do this weekend.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
ChryslerJet said:
David
Let me see what I can do for a trailer I might know someone to give it to.  Wish it still had the motor that part will be tough to over come getting it back on the water.  Might be a couple of weeks have a lot to do this weekend.
I wasn't gonna say it, but CJ loves projects! :smile14: :smile16:

customtouch

ChryslerJet said:
David

We can use the trailer it is on now to take it somewhere and drop it off. You can find a trailer and motor later. BTW cheap smaller outboard motors show up all the time on CL so that wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the one that was on was definatly a good one.