What is This?

customtouch

The actual purpose it was designed for is to run the Checkmate on the water hose. When I de-winterized it and was going to run it on the hose I found out that it has a low water pick up on the nose cone only and no standard water flush muffs would work on it. Rather than spend the $70.00 some odd dollars on ordering the Mercruiser muffs designed for it I spent $18.00 at Home Depot building this. The two hoses will insert perfectly in the front pick up holes and supplies plenty of water to run the motor. I know there aren't many people on here that have outdrive boats but I thought I would throw the idea out there to maybe save someone else some money. It actually works great!! Here is a short video of it in use.

https://youtu.be/VxPaeykPZhM

Devilman

Cool deal, I was close. And safer than some of the alternative uses that were being described as well, lol!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Now I see! Oh by the way, did you see Sammy on Street Outlaws? They raced him and his daughter! :smile17:

jimsplace

Knotty said:
Good idea, I have a nose cone from Mercury that cost $$$$$. Now I have no use for it.

Set that, "Nose cone from Mercury that cost $$$$$" on the shelf beside the other stuff that cost $$$$$.  Maybe someday you'll need it.

PROBABLY NOT THOUGH.
    :smile17: 

customtouch

Knotty said:
Yep one of these days I would like to own another hot rod outboard.  :smile22:

KEEP IT!  I though I was done with outdrive boats too and sold everything for pennies on the dollar. Now I'm having to buy it all again and it sucks!!