Wet sanding.

Crusader

ChryslerJet said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:
ok, we know now where the boat is,  so bring it home get to work on it....    crazy.gif
easier said then done, I work 5 12s sometimes a 10 on Saturday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Talk to David bring it to him or him to it on a SUnday provide lots o beer

Clay...have you met CJ yet??? Lol....  crazy.gif

Just kidding CJ....don't get upset and leave for another month....just goofin'.

customtouch

Crusader said:
ChryslerJet said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:
ok, we know now where the boat is,  so bring it home get to work on it....    crazy.gif

What............ are you saying that was bad advice???  think.gif  :grin:

ChryslerJet

Crusader said:
ChryslerJet said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
KONA said:

I never really left just didn't have time for the boards.  This place is a part of me now and I it.  Although seems as though they might be tightening the reigns at the new job so if I disappear again don't be alarmed.  I will be back. 

Clay hope to meet ya at an event when the CJ is done. 

EMBRACETHEHATE

Im gonna try myself with some good polish, need to learn anyways. If i cant get it ill take it to one of yall full of beer and cash in hand.

sent from my galaxy tab 2

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
EMBRACETHEHATE said:
Im gonna try myself with some good polish, need to learn anyways. If i cant get it ill take it to one of yall full of beer and cash in hand.

This guy is pretty good! Beer and cash, usually it's one or the other! clap.gif

customtouch

EMBRACETHEHATE said:

It is not difficult to do and when buffing gel you are not very likely to burn it as long as you keep the buffer moving. Paint is a lot easier to damage. A professional would probably get a little better results but you should be able to make yourself happy. Here are a few little tips to follow. (1) Don't buff it in direct sunlight. The surface needs to be cool before you start and while you are doing it. (2) The surface needs to be clean, dry and dust free. (3) Work small areas at a time, about 2'x 2' will be plenty especially if you are not using a full sized buffer. (4) Keep the pad clean. When the pad gets clogged it will not cut well. You can clean it by holding an old screw driver to the pad while it is rotating to knock off the accumulated compound. Also be a little sparing with the compound when starting until you get a feel for how much you actually need. The trick is having just enough compound to cut without over saturating the pad. A saturated pad will not cut. (5) Clean off all compound residue (including over spray) from the boat when you are done. If it is left on for a long period of time it will eventually soak into the gel and stain it. (6) Put a good coat of wax on the boat when finished to protect it from UV damage. Gel coat has no built in UV protection and buffing it really exposes it to the elements. There are still a lot of little things to look out for that I can discuss on the phone if you want but these are most of the major ones. Good luck and feel free to call me if you have any questions.

EMBRACETHEHATE

Patchman said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:

This guy is pretty good! Beer and cash, usually it's one or the other! clap.gif
i don't expect a man to do hard labor just for beer.

customtouch said:
EMBRACETHEHATE said:

It is not difficult to do and when buffing gel you are not very likely to burn it as long as you keep the buffer moving. Paint is a lot easier to damage. A professional would probably get a little better results but you should be able to make yourself happy. Here are a few little tips to follow. (1) Don't buff it in direct sunlight. The surface needs to be cool before you start and while you are doing it. (2) The surface needs to be clean, dry and dust free. (3) Work small areas at a time, about 2'x 2' will be plenty especially if you are not using a full sized buffer. (4) Keep the pad clean. When the pad gets clogged it will not cut well. You can clean it by holding an old screw driver to the pad while it is rotating to knock off the accumulated compound. Also be a little sparing with the compound when starting until you get a feel for how much you actually need. The trick is having just enough compound to cut without over saturating the pad. A saturated pad will not cut. (5) Clean off all compound residue (including over spray) from the boat when you are done. If it is left on for a long period of time it will eventually soak into the gel and stain it. (6) Put a good coat of wax on the boat when finished to protect it from UV damage. Gel coat has no built in UV protection and buffing it really exposes it to the elements. There are still a lot of little things to look out for that I can discuss on the phone if you want but these are most of the major ones. Good luck and feel free to call me if you have any questions.
OK great, we will see how she looks after I'm done with it. Thanks again