Thinking about moving to Austin and have some ?'s

No Butt No Putt

Whats up everyone. I'm Sean. New here so I thought I would say hi and ask a few questions about boating in Austin. I have a 1981 Crusader jet boat with a 468 BBC. We boat mostly in Havasu and Parker AZ. We have never been stopped or harassed about noise. What are the odds of that happening on Lake Austin, Travis or LBJ? I'm asking because if we decide to move and my boat will not be allowed then its got to go. Thanks in advance guys. Here is a pic.

photo-1.jpg

Crusader

Welcome!!! Nice to see another Crusader made boat on the forum.

I haven't been on lake Austin however we have a few guys from LBJ around here.

Nice boat!!!!

73sanger

lake austin, is a maybe... any other lake or river within an hr of austin you will be fine. LBJ is not a problem all good with travis, canyon, buchanan, inks, somerville, georgetown, belton, ... so in other words keep the boat :) shoot me a pm if you have any other questions or need a good realtor.

jdeaton

Lived on Lake Austin for years,  Very wealthy people on that real estate, they like their peace and quite.  Didn't have a problem cruising the lake, until one of the locals called the Law.  The PoPo was very nice and polite, but assured me that my exhaust would not be allowed on their lake.  If you stay north of the public park and bar, you will probably be O.K.  The closer you are to downtown the more MONEY you will have to contend with.

Travis (when it gets water in it) will be No Problem,  LBJ will be best answered by peeps that live there.  I had a ski boat an inline 6 and thru transom exhaust, when I live on Sunrise Beach on LBJ.

Devilman

No info about Austin, but recognize the name from RD's & PB. Nice sled... Welcome to THB & possibly Texas. :smile17:

No Butt No Putt

Crusader said:
Welcome!!! Nice to see another Crusader made boat on the forum.

I haven't been on lake Austin however we have a few guys from LBJ around here.

Nice boat!!!!

Thank you for the compliment. Crusaders are not very common hulls anymore.

No Butt No Putt

DiamondJim said:
Lived on Lake Austin for years,  Very wealthy people on that real estate, they like their peace and quite.  Didn't have a problem cruising the lake, until one of the locals called the Law.  The PoPo was very nice and polite, but assured me that my exhaust would not be allowed on their lake.  If you stay north of the public park and bar, you will probably be O.K.  The closer you are to downtown the more MONEY you will have to contend with.

Travis (when it gets water in it) will be No Problem,  LBJ will be best answered by peeps that live there.  I had a ski boat an inline 6 and thru transom exhaust, when I live on Sunrise Beach on LBJ.

Thanks for the info. So I guess high speed runs at sunset or sunrise are out huh. LOL

ChryslerJet

No Butt No Putt said:
DiamondJim said:

Thanks for the info. So I guess high speed runs at sunset or sunrise are out huh. LOL
I am out on Lake Austin in outboards and through transom exhausts.  There are a few open headers on there just don't be making high speed runs but then its usually too choppy to do any of that its a busy lake.  Jim is right north of city park its calmer.  And there it is less populated.  Freestyle (Andy) was on Lake Austin this last weekend without issue.  Canyon lake is 45 min south and although its choppy too is friendly to open headers.  As others have said LBJ is good and then Travis I have heard is good to go but its 50 ft low.

Devilman

LBJ would "probably" be the most likely to have some THB'ers running around. I myself haven't heard much about anyone going to Travis lately. Not sure if its cuz its so low or what...

73sanger

we will be on LBJ if anybody wants to meet up... party on the sandbar party at the house party in my pants its all good, for real steve give me a shout if anyone ends up heading this way.
-Aaron-

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
73hondo said:
we will be on LBJ if anybody wants to meet up... party on the sandbar party at the house party in my pants its all good, for real steve give me a shout if anyone ends up heading this way.
-Aaron-
I was on-board until the pants part! :smile20:  We are planning on being up there Thursday and Friday! :smile16:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
73hondo said:
-Aaron-
I was on-board until the pants part! :smile20:  We are planning on being up there Thursday and Friday! :smile16:
I am with Steve on this one Pants parties should be reserved for special guests only.

I wonder how quickly I can get the Carlson back together.