THB under new ownership

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Knotty said:
Knotty said:
Try again

Why do my pics always come out sideways?

Did you post this from your phone?  For me the thumbnail is sideways but if I click on the picture it is the right way.  I checked it from my phone and my laptop.  Same results for both.

Devilman

Last Mohican said:
Did you post this from your phone?  For me the thumbnail is sideways but if I click on the picture it is the right way.  I checked it from my phone and my laptop.  Same results for both.

Check this out... just tried it from my computer again, same results, opens up sideways.

Tried it from my phone, click on pic, it opens up correctly.

I then went back to computer & got on THB using Chrome instead of Internet Explorer like usual, click on the pic, it opens up correctly...

So I dunno. crazy.gif

Dry Dock

Devilman said:
Last Mohican said:

Check this out... just tried it from my computer again, same results, opens up sideways.

I then went back to computer & got on THB using Chrome instead of Internet Explorer like usual, click on the pic, it opens up correctly...

So I dunno. crazy.gif

I tried this....... Internet Explorer sideways open
Google Chrome opened normal
Microsoft edge opened sideways also

????????????

Last Mohecian

Administrator
I can't find the post now but someone mentioned the calendar stopped after 2012.  That has been fixed.  It is now extended out to 2030.

Edit: Found the post.  It was James in the suggestions section.... 4 years ago.  LOL.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Dry Dock said:
Devilman said:
Last Mohican said:

So I dunno. crazy.gif

I tried this....... Internet Explorer sideways open
Google Chrome opened normal
Microsoft edge opened sideways also

????????????

Good info from both of you.  Keep this info coming.  It will help us sort out the issue.

Dry Dock

Was by EO's and we tried Henry's picture on Mozilla and it opens correctly not sideways.  Looks like Chrome and Mozilla are both opening.....

A friend sends me pics directly from his IPhone...... and they are sideways on Internet Exp and Msoft Edge also.

Henry's picture does not like Microsoft products?

72hondo

Last Mohican said:
72hondo said:
There's some names I haven't seen in a while.

Let's wake this place up!!
How ya been Robert?  Good to see you back in the hood.

Hey Matt!

I've been doing ok. I was dumb enough to accept a promotion at work. Now they got me traveling all over the place. I'll be glad to be back on the water!!

How about your self?

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Had time to do a little more cleanup.  Mostly merged the multiple pic sections and cleaned up some out dated  and non relevant pinned threads.  Please feel free to give us input.

jroberts88

As a webmaster one thing that I see on here that is very poor. Is that the site has NO SSL. If someone was sniffing the packets to the site. They can easily grab the usernames and passwords as they are being entered into the site.

Also Google is "punishing" websites that are not running SSL when people do a search. What I mean is the site possibility will not come at the top of the search results.

https://security.googleblog.com/2016/09/moving-towards-more-secure-web.html

Last Mohecian

Administrator
DemonMaestro said:
As a webmaster one thing that I see on here that is very poor. Is that the site has NO SSL. If someone was sniffing the packets to the site. They can easily grab the usernames and passwords as they are being entered into the site.

Also Google is "punishing" websites that are not running SSL when people do a search. What I mean is the site possibility will not come at the top of the search results.

https://security.googleblog.com/2016/09/moving-towards-more-secure-web.html

Nice catch.  Will work on getting that resolved.