THB under new ownership

FL350

Administrator
Hello everyone. As most as you know Bill Davis started Texas hotboats many years ago. Well time has passed and Bill has decided to hang it up  and ride off into the sunset. We wish only the best for him!
Now that ownership has passed, Texas Hotboats.com, Texas Hot Boats, THB is now a division under S&J Racing and Marine. Under S&J, Texas Hotboats.com, Texas Hotboats, THB and logos are now trademarked.
What does this mean? Well we are going to redo the website for one! Patchman, myself and a few others will be bouncing around some ideas. We need input from you guys! This forum is all of us and tell us what you would like to see and give some ideas.
Second since THB is a division S&J, all merchandising will be handled by S&J.
Third lets get the forum active again. Let people know it's still alive and kicking!
Lastly I ask patience from everyone. We all work full time jobs and will be working on the site in our spare times. Proceeds from THB merchandising will go back into the website for the updating and maintance.
If anyone has questions or concerns email me at sandjracingandmarine@gmail.com

Chevy2184

Man some cool and updated swag would be sweet! I would love to represent thb with stickers and koozies and t-shirts... Maybe even a car/boat show? I know the v-drive guys would prob like that... They wouldn't have to take them off of the trailer... 😎 I know it's hard for everybody to get together all at once? But it sure would be nice to do kinda a "central" get to gather? Most of our lakes are doing pretty good this year... It would be nice to meet some peeps from thb...

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

Chevy2184

Oh yeah?? Does this mean I can post topless bikini pics now?? 😎

jroberts88

Well hopefully this site will look better.

If interested I have designed websites and also could help on the e-commerce side as well on design and implementation. Let me know.

And no I ain't dead! jump.gif

customtouch

Congrats Stacy. Glad you finally got it and hope it all works out for you. Looking forward to the improvements and upgrades I'm sure you will be making to the site!

FL350

Administrator
Thanks everyone! We are going to start working on tshirts, hats , beach towels,etc.
Also some great events like in the past but with some more exposure. Together we are going to make boating great again along with the website! jump.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet, let's get this thing running on all 8 again! jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif

Devilman

Congratulations man, that's great! Will be cool seeing where this goes, looking forward to it. clap.gif :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Oh yeah?? Does this mean I can post topless bikini pics now?? 😎

We have to keep it safe for the work place! :smile30:

oldbuck40

The biggest concern I see coming if the website takes a major facelift are lost pictures!  I remember a while back there were some modifications done to the site and everyone's pictures were deleted in the first several pages of the thread. The thread was still there but no pic's!  I know most of the original posters of those pictures still have those pictures stored somewhere,,but man what a pain in the A$$ to go back and restore those old lost threads and pic's. Just sayin,,,lots of history here! Lots of goodbye threads to loved ones and dear friends we have lost over the years. Be ashamed to lose all that along with all the fun times we have had.

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
The biggest concern I see coming if the website takes a major facelift are lost pictures!  I remember a while back there were some modifications done to the site and everyone's pictures were deleted in the first several pages of the thread. The thread was still there but no pic's!  I know most of the original posters of those pictures still have those pictures stored somewhere,,but man what a pain in the A$$ to go back and restore those old lost threads and pic's. Just sayin,,,lots of history here! Lots of goodbye threads to loved ones and dear friends we have lost over the years. Be ashamed to lose all that along with all the fun times we have had.

Yep for sure, that sucked last time...  :smile24: I think the site actually crashed for some reason & couldn't bring that stuff back with the restore? I dunno, been awhile, slept since then... :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That is one of the challenges we see ahead. The whole reason we like THB over FB is the ease of finding info here. That will stay the same, just have a pretty large task ahead of figuring out how to update with out destroying. All we can ask is that you guys work with us and keep up the suggestions of improvements!  :smile30:

Devilman

I know I have said it before, but a solid forum platform that works with mobile devices will be a good starting point. VBulletin seems to be the most common, yet simple to use far as posting pictures & such. It may be though that whatever is here may not transfer over to a completely different platform. Maybe one of those with web site design will chime in.

Take a look at RiverDaves for one... they are killing it over there. http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/forum.php

PerformanceBoats used to be ok but someone else took it over & it is flooded with pop-ups & advertising banners now. It's annoying as hell.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, River Dave's is pretty cool. I know allot of members check in here, just don't bother signing in. So hopefully we can get this thing headed in the right direction and bring back the member participation.  :smile30:

WAFOBABY

clap.gif jump.gif  Awesome News Stacey cant wait to see what holds in the Furture.  As you know we have a few guys in boat world that are very good at building and updating websites.    Steve your right I know of about 7 or 8 that view it from time to time but never post and or sign in.  Im one of them..   

FL350

Administrator
Again thank you everyone. Yea we have some work to do. We don't to lose any of the build threads, photos, etc. The forums using v bulletin are pretty nice. I really like the river Daves place and yellowbullet.