THB has a new owner

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DrumZilla said:
And Steve we are going to need you on here 7 days a week and at night....  :smile26: :smile26:
Should I get a body cam so you know what I'm doing at all times? :smile23:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, he is good at designing things on the computer. So firing out logos is a piece of cake. I would like to work with a vendor and create an actual online store where people could order and it would be drop shipped too them. It will happen, just have to focus on one task at a time. I know Stacy has some stickers for those looking for them. I would like to see him be able to get return on his investment.

Crusader

Patchman said:
Yes, he is good at designing things on the computer. So firing out logos is a piece of cake. I would like to work with a vendor and create an actual online store where people could order and it would be drop shipped too them. It will happen, just have to focus on one task at a time. I know Stacy has some stickers for those looking for them. I would like to see him be able to get return on his investment.

Thing is with those decals he had made up, no one likes them....they're very dated which isanother reason why he likely has so many left over. Additionally, THB is no longer a subsidiary of S & J racing....

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Crusader said:
Patchman said:

Thing is with those decals he had made up, no one likes them....they're very dated which isanother reason why he likely has so many left over. Additionally, THB is no longer a subsidiary of S & J racing....
I liked them, but I also like old school stuff! I hear you on current or new logos to be used. I'll start working on something, or I'll find someone to do it.

Crusader

Patchman said:
I liked them, but I also like old school stuff! I hear you on current or new logos to be used. I'll start working on something, or I'll find someone to do it.

I like old skool stuff too.....but the younger generation is taking over (naturally) so to keep it all alive, unfortunately we have to cater to the "Tide Pod Eaters" too......lol.

Devilman

Where I was going with my earlier post... is that if there is someone that is willing to make up some stuff, stickers, coozies, etc... as long as they have permission to do it, why not let them do it. I don't think the Graff's were making anything off it when they were doing it, they were just stepping up cause no one over here was doing it anymore. There could be more than one design... keep the original, but have updated versions as well.

In my opinion, it helps keep the spirit of THB alive and spreads the word about the site as well. Unfortunately, FB is probably gonna be around for awhile. Best thing to do would be to try & work with it. Working against it will probably drive people away, there was already some nonsense in the past when some people took that whole north/south thing too serious & got all butthurt over it.

Anyway, just throwing it out there. I can put this in that suggestion thread too, try & keep the info in one place.

Crusader

The Grafs made zero $$ out of it, they were just wanting to give back and help THB along.....unfortunately I think the bridge with them has burned. I agree with D-man on all of his points as well. There are plenty of people out here that want to help.....they just need to be empowered to do so.

Devilman

Crusader said:
The Grafs made zero $$ out of it, they were just wanting to give back and help THB along.....unfortunately I think the bridge with them has burned. I agree with D-man on all of his points as well. There are plenty of people out here that want to help.....they just need to be empowered to do so.

I didn't think they did, but wasn't totally sure, just the impression I got. They had a nice product that people liked, I don't see the downside. I mean, "someone" has to do it, what difference does it make as to who that someone is, long as all parties involved are on the same page. If it were me, I would try reaching out to them, see whats up. If anything it may help mend fences, new ownership and all. Worst they can do is say no.

That said, there may something to the "business" side of it that I don't see or understand, so if I'm offbase or outta line lemme know & I'll STFU. :angel: :grin:

jimsplace

Crusader said:

Whatever logo is used, can we keep it connected to THB only?
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I don't like to use promotional items that include advertising if I don't use that product or service.
That's just me.

:smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
There will be some advertising here, since advertisers are how I intend to ultimately pay for this place. As far as swag, if a boat related business wanted to advertise on some swag, I would be all for it. But I believe in having options as well. So it will be up to you as to what you buy when the time comes. As far as who does it, like I said that will have to be determined. I think setting up a means to fund the site rather it is swag or sponsors will be something I will work on. While working two jobs, I have learned that you can't make everyone happy all the time. So there will be some gripes along the way and that is OK with me. I honestly think that using an outside source for swag is probably a better way to go. That way what ever dealings and or potential drama stays off here and FB. I'm most definitely not a drama guy!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a source for stickers and koozies. So there will be some swag pretty quick.  jump.gif