Tawakoni Hot Boat Regatta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Member

Wild Hair said:
Man I think we are in for a fine time this weekend. I will be bringing the bouys with me so they can be put out friday evening if you so desire. I hope someone is there to hand me a cold texas beer when I pull in.  :smile16: Be safe and I'll see you there
Ill give ya a texas beer bud! :smile16:

Wild Hair

Motor Head said:
Wild Hair said:
Man I think we are in for a fine time this weekend. I will be bringing the bouys with me so they can be put out friday evening if you so desire. I hope someone is there to hand me a cold texas beer when I pull in.  :smile16: Be safe and I'll see you there
Ill give ya a texas beer bud! :smile16:

Your a good man , I dont care what Hammer down says about you. :smile17:

Drumzilla

Sadly I'm stuck at home this weekend so you guys take lot's of good video's and pictures.. some good ole boy jet boat/v-drive racing videos would be great !!! clap.gif

Crusader

I'm awake!! I'm not going to work today in order to get ready for our trip eastward to Tawakoni. Woo hoo!!!

Man, I have a lot to do......better get crackin'!!!

Wild Hair

ARRRGGG It's too early for this shit, now wheres my coffee. :smile29:
Heading out by 9am. Someone call in an attack on the Alamo so the LEOs head south and we have a clear road.

73 Sanger Flat

Sure wish we could make it out there today , but we will see you guys Saturday morning .. Hopefully rolling in there about 8:30-9:30 AM..

73 Sanger Flat

Galen made it to Cleburne yesterday , so they are planning to do the final touches and get the beast fired off and see what it does on the trailer , will be testing it at Tawakioni Saturday ..

Do you think it might be possible for them to get maybe a 5 minute window with limited boat activity on the water so they can make a hard pass to make sure the boat is handling correctly .. We are having the previous owner make  a test run for him , to make sure the boat is setting correctly .. Just do not need an unexpected roller to come in and upset the boat .. I am hoping we can get this done before it gets crazy out there Saturday ..This all depend on the wind also and who all is out on the water ..Can't wait to see Galen drive the Hydro ..

Knotty Girl

Truck is packed, full of fuel.  Hook on to trailer with a boat on it.  I have to go to a meeting here at work until 11:00 a.m.  As soon as it is finished headed to meet Diamond Jim and finally headed that way.  jump.gif jump.gif jump.gif  I am really looking foward to meeting ya'll in person and checking out your rides.  :smile16:

FL350

Administrator
TintMan said:
WAFOBABY said:
Wow there has been a lot of post since early this morning.      OK UPDATE. NO open camp fires at all.  I went over and asked again for everyone and they called when I was still there and said they aren't releasing burn ban until January.      Also they are going to have a food trailer set up on the beach for folks that are just there for the day or folks not wanting to cook.  They also told me they are going to rope the beach off and anyone that is not with our boat group will not be allowed to drive on the beach the beach is ours to drive on park on camp on party on pass out on Lol. They are giving us vip bands that's how they will know.  They are going to try to have women in golf carts bring ice or whatever anyone needs from the store out to the beach to them or to there cabins just call the store and let them know what cabin or spot ur at and its on its way.  Thought that was cool.  THE SAND BAR  is marked but if a little more out from the bridge than I thought I walkeds the hole bank from the high way and the walk out about waste deep and put the pole in. Has blue ribbin on it as well.  U will be fine to just come under the bridge and stay streight but the point is where the sand bar is DO NOT CUT THAT POINT close.  Once u see if for yourself its pretty self explaintory.  429 is just around that point.  See you guys tomorrow or sat. I will be out there with Bobby around 9am drive safe everyone if need anything just give me a ring 214 704 5507 Jasson

We should tip these people!!!! I mean how cool is this! :smile13: They are takin care of us...lets take care of them...Come on...represent!!!! i'll suport the food wagon!lol! :smile28:

I will support the food wagon too. Don't have enough room to carry that stuff.

Gold Member

Is soon as my coffee is done brewing ill make me a cup and head out in the garage to finish a few things then its time to boogie on to Tawakoni! Everyone be safe and see you when you get here.

blazeracer

I don't know about a big TV for the Rangers game. The truck's getting full. I could snag the daughters TV. She'll be out with the Mrs tomorrow so she won't need it.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Galen made it to Cleburne yesterday , so they are planning to do the final touches and get the beast fired off and see what it does on the trailer , will be testing it at Tawakioni Saturday ..

Do you think it might be possible for them to get maybe a 5 minute window with limited boat activity on the water so they can make a hard pass to make sure the boat is handling correctly .. We are having the previous owner make  a test run for him , to make sure the boat is setting correctly .. Just do not need an unexpected roller to come in and upset the boat .. I am hoping we can get this done before it gets crazy out there Saturday ..This all depend on the wind also and who all is out on the water ..Can't wait to see Galen drive the Hydro ..

I'm sure that will not be a problem with our group.  If we need to we can even stage a couple boats outside our area to wave off any other boat traffic.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
blazeracer said:
I don't know about a big TV for the Rangers game. The truck's getting full. I could snag the daughters TV. She'll be out with the Mrs tomorrow so she won't need it.

What time is the band playing?  Most may be over there any way.

Drive safe everyone.  See you in a few hours!!!!

73 Sanger Flat

Last Mohican said:

I'm sure that will not be a problem with our group.  We can even stage a couple boats outside our area to wave off any other boat traffic.

That would be great .. I think I could get four or five boats out there to help also .. I will be out there in mine to help spot for them ..
Thanks

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Last Mohican said:

I'm sure that will not be a problem with our group.  We can even stage a couple boats outside our area to wave off any other boat traffic.

That would be great .. I think I could get four or five boats out there to help also .. I will be out there in mine to help spot for them ..
Thanks

I'll bring it up when I am out there today.  There may be others that want that same opportunity.  Maybe we can set aside an hour window for single boat passes sometime Saturday.

Sharkbit

blazeracer said:

cmon now James we're counting on you for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.