Steele creek

73 Sanger Flat

Patchman said:
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
We can only hope it will be as good as it was .. I could not expect more out of what I had on pump gas and natural aspirated with a single carb .. Be nice to get blown this time , but I dont think I can afford that
I look at blowers as multipliers. They multiply horsepower, stress on parts, build cost, and re-build cost.  :smile14:

I would have to agree with that ..

jimsplace

Patchman said:
We can only hope it will be as good as it was .. I could not expect more out of what I had on pump gas and natural aspirated with a single carb .. Be nice to get blown this time , but I dont think I can afford that
I look at blowers as multipliers. They multiply horsepower, stress on parts, build cost, and re-build cost.  :smile14:

Patch, I would partially agree with you.  Blowers only increase costs when you use the extra horsepower.  Unlike high compression, they are only moderate compression and much easier on starters and batteries.  The cost to rebuild is pretty much the same.  Rings and bearings would be the same and any machine work would also be the same.  Only when a person uses the extra horsepower does it require more maintenance, and for the most part they don't get used that much.  Besides that, they look good.  IMO

73 Sanger Flat

Patchman said:
I know if Billy had a blower, not a doubt in my mind it would get used!  :smile30:

Hammered down like normal if I had a Blower ..  :smile28:  It would be fun .. Patch you are 100% correct , I would use it a LOT !!!

jimsplace

Patchman said:
I know if Billy had a blower, not a doubt in my mind it would get used!  :smile30:

Patch, I was talking in general terms for most normal boaters. LOL  Yes, Billy would make good use of one.  I'd like to see him get a Blower to enjoy.  He already has one of the prettiest flats in the neighborhood to put it on, but it already runs great.  Well, when it's back together it'll run great.
    clap.gif 

jimsplace

Oh Shit , that is a FORD .. LOL ..

Hell I probable tear that up also ..

I had to look up the BOSS 9 for more information too.  Then I saw this, the starting price, "Pricing starts at $22,900 for a Dyno Tested  ready to bolt in Kaase Boss Engine." 

I think Patch has been hanging out with the, "Financially Secure" too long.
Some of us ask, how much.

Devilman

Dam , Kenny came out swinging for you Steve ..  Kenny at least it waited until end of season to let go .. I am hoping to pull the heads first weekend in October when I drive home for the weekend ..I am sure I will be crying after I pull the heads ..[/size]

Hahaha, I had to do it.. He been letting that boat sit wayyyy too long already.  :smile28: Hopefully the damage to yours isn't too extensive. Keep my fingers crossed for ya :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Kenny has his own project that has been sitting! I had to go pull the motor and stab the transplant for him, then haul it to it's new home! Talk about a slave driver! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Devilman

Patchman said:
Kenny has his own project that has been sitting! I had to go pull the motor and stab the transplant for him, then haul it to it's new home! Talk about a slave driver! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Shots fired!  :smile26: :smile28:

73 Sanger Flat

Mine engine I think is a total loss .. I had to use pry bars to get the head off ,, The piston was about .060 out of the hole and turned about 20 degrees.. It was lodged in the head .. Pulled both heads off and the engine will will not roll over still .. So it broke a rod or crank .. Will pull engine when I get home and pull the pan to look at the carnage .. All valves are bent and no room to mill the heads to clean them up and only have .010 bore on the block to go to max ..  So I am looking to build a mild to medium blower engine .. Maybe 800 hp .. I just need to find my box of money now ..

customtouch

Mine engine I think is a total loss .. I had to use pry bars to get the head off ,, The piston was about .060 out of the hole and turned about 20 degrees.. It was lodged in the head .. Pulled both heads off and the engine will will not roll over still .. So it broke a rod or crank .. Will pull engine when I get home and pull the pan to look at the carnage .. All valves are bent and no room to mill the heads to clean them up and only have .010 bore on the block to go to max ..  So I am looking to build a mild to medium blower engine .. Maybe 800 hp .. I just need to find my box of money now ..

I know what you mean. I planted one of those (what I was told) money trees several years ago but it has yet to bloom. I am about to give up on it!! think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to hear that Billy! Hope you can salvage something! Or maybe come across something  you can freshen up and get some use out of it. :smile25:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:

I know what you mean. I planted one of those (what I was told) money trees several years ago but it has yet to bloom. I am about to give up on it!! think.gif

Heck I am still planting money trees and waiting for at least one to take! crazy.gif

Devilman

Man sure hate to hear it's that bad. I had crankshaft bust once at relatively low rpm, it wasted the whole friggin engine. I think the intake, exhaust and one head was about all I was able to salvage on that one, lol.  :smile15:

Ya'll talking about these money trees, where can a brotha get one of them. I want a different kind though since ya'll all saying yours are no good, lol :smile28:

73 Sanger Flat

Devilman said:

Man sure hate to hear it's that bad. I had crankshaft bust once at relatively low rpm, it wasted the whole friggin engine. I think the intake, exhaust and one head was about all I was able to salvage on that one, lol.  :smile15:

Ya'll talking about these money trees, where can a brotha get one of them. I want a different kind though since ya'll all saying yours are no good, lol :smile28:

I wish we could find that money tree .. I think if we quit this hot boat stuff , we would be money ahead . But don't think that will happen any time soon ..  That sucks on your broke crank and taking out the engine .. I don't even wont to pull the pan on mine now .. It will be bad ..