Steele creek

beaverfab

It that time for boating fun with friends next weekend we will gather at Steele Creek Park for some fun. Bring your boat and some friends. If you need more information let me know.
Also the first weekend in October is Plowmans put on your calander. JJ  jump.gif

73 Sanger Flat

I am trying to make this .. If I can drive home Friday from Iowa ( 14 hrs ) and get the boat ready when I get home Friday , I will come down Saturday and stay to about 3 PM .. I need some boat Therapy ..  jump.gif

73 Sanger Flat

Thanks JJ for the offer .. Hopefully it will just need battery charged , check tires and maybe some fuel and see if she will start ..  Wash the Tahoe off and hook up ..

TexasJet

I just called the Lodge and Barb said there are plenty of cabins and rooms available. How big a get togther is this ? If I don't go to Arizona this fall Kuntz and I will come up.

73 Sanger Flat

It was a nice day at Steel Creek . Sure enjoyed visiting with everyone .. My boat ran good right up until it died .. Think I dropped a valve at 6700 RPM , motor is locked up tight .. Oh well , still had FUN ..

73 Sanger Flat

Yep , she wont turn over either way .. Not going to be good when I pull it apart this winter .. Thanks God that JJ has my prop release working correct or we would have been in bad shape out there .. Boat settle back down just like is suppose to ,,

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
It's always a good thing when no one gets hurt. Hate to hear about the bad luck. i guess we can be looking for a motor build this winter. Got me curious as to what happened.  :smile25:

73 Sanger Flat

Yes it will be this winter .. It is driving me crazy not knowing .. I hope nothing came loose from the bottom of carb or anything like that .. I have a feeling a Valve broke .. Spring looks OK , just compressed a little .. One bent pushrod is all I could see .. No spark plug damage at all ..

I might need to get me a trolling motor and install and call it good .. Just put around the lake

customtouch

Sorry to hear about the bad luck Billy but I have no doubt that you will have it back up and running over the winter. Sounds like a good excuse to build that blower motor you've always wanted.  think.gif

73 Sanger Flat

customtouch said:
Sorry to hear about the bad luck Billy but I have no doubt that you will have it back up and running over the winter. Sounds like a good excuse to build that blower motor you've always wanted.  think.gif

I would if I already had the blower set up with the carbs , but that is about 8500 -10,000 more .. I will just have to go back to my natural aspirated little slow engine and just drool over all the blower engines

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I could see where it would be torture to not tear it apart and investigate.  :smile20:

Devilman

Dang Billy, that sux. I bet it comes back badder than ever.  jump.gif I guess one way to look at it is it went out while you were having fun with it and not seizing up from sitting too long without running it like some guys do (cough cough Steve cough) :smile28:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Dang Billy, that sux. I bet it comes back badder than ever.  jump.gif I guess one way to look at it is it went out while you were having fun with it and not seizing up from sitting too long without running it like some guys do (cough cough Steve cough) :smile28:
I don't know how many other Steve's there are, but I mite resemble that coment! think.gif

73 Sanger Flat

Dam , Kenny came out swinging for you Steve ..  Kenny at least it waited until end of season to let go .. I am hoping to pull the heads first weekend in October when I drive home for the weekend ..I am sure I will be crying after I pull the heads ..[/size]

jimsplace

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Dam , Kenny came out swinging for you Steve ..  Kenny at least it waited until end of season to let go .. I am hoping to pull the heads first weekend in October when I drive home for the weekend ..I am sure I will be crying after I pull the heads ..[/size]

You might be crying on one hand, but on the other I believe you'll be looking at it as an opportunity to make it better than it was.
    :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

We can only hope it will be as good as it was .. I could not expect more out of what I had on pump gas and natural aspirated with a single carb .. Be nice to get blown this time , but I dont think I can afford that

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
We can only hope it will be as good as it was .. I could not expect more out of what I had on pump gas and natural aspirated with a single carb .. Be nice to get blown this time , but I dont think I can afford that
I look at blowers as multipliers. They multiply horsepower, stress on parts, build cost, and re-build cost.  :smile14: