SOMERVILLE LEVEL

TexasJet

If this works the image is the dock at Yegua in the cove. First time using my phone. Wifey sent this pic and I had to save it then attach it. It worked! 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Wish we could get some of that water into Lake Travis!! :smile18:
That is no lie! I really want to hit some of those Hill Country lakes this year!

customtouch

Just saw this recent picture of Lakeway Marina at Lake Travis. You would need to have seen it before to understand how bad it is now but you can look at the shoreline and get an idea. It is a pretty sad sight!! :smile18:

ChryslerJet

Here is David's picture with the boat ramps circled.  This really makes you wonder how they get any boats in or out of the lake now.

customtouch

The actual boat ramp is just the the right of the boat slips. It looks like you would almost hit the slips if you tried to launch a big boat!

Devilman

private ramps maybe?

regardless, thats some sad pictures... I wonder if they have found any more boats or any other cool artifacts with the lake being so far down.

customtouch

Devilman said:
private ramps maybe?

regardless, thats some sad pictures... I wonder if they have found any more boats or any other cool artifacts with the lake being so far down.

The big one circled might be used as a private ramp but the others are just walkways to private docks. There are a couple of elevators further back in the cove that lift their boats from the water up to a garage on top of the hill for storage, but the are not in the picture. Pretty cool idea though!!

ChryslerJet

customtouch said:
Devilman said:
private ramps maybe?

The big one circled might be used as a private ramp but the others are just walkways to private docks. There are a couple of elevators further back in the cove that lift their boats from the water up to a garage on top of the hill for storage, but the are not in the picture. Pretty cool idea though!!
They may only be walkways and not ramps and yes they are definitely private ones.  But the point was to show how low the lake really is since you can easily identify the end of the walkway/ramp and its about halfway down to the water.  I know when I was working out on Lake Travis we would drive down the ramp and then have some gravel after that then some dirt/sand to still drive down after that. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking at google maps, I know it isn't current. But there aren't very many options for ramps left. :smile18: