Referred by Ghost Rider

S

Static Line

CrewChief said:
"The River" is the Colorado river.  The area you are talking about is the "Parker Strip" just south of Lake Havasu.  Then on the same river south of I10 is another section good for jet boats because it does get shallow (keeps the big boats away).

If you guys can put something together, I'll post it for the SCJB guys and we'll make it a big gathering.

Well I think it is to late in the year but I think we can get some thing going for next summer if we give everyone time to make plans it a long haul from Texas. It would that be a site to see 30 or 40 hot boats heading west on I-10  :smile13:

Devilman

" Ghost " said:
It would that be a site to see 30 or 40 hot boats heading west on I-10  :smile13:

You must live close to the interstate....  :smile12:

Cuz the only way you'd ever see any hot boats goin anywhere is from your front yard as they passed by, lol..... :smile23:

S

Static Line

Devilman said:
" Ghost " said:
It would that be a site to see 30 or 40 hot boats heading west on I-10  :smile13:

You must live close to the interstate....  :smile12:

Cuz the only way you'd ever see any hot boats goin anywhere is from your front yard as they passed by, lol..... :smile23:

lol  so if i get this moving will you go?  :smile15:

Devilman

That's a hot one.... you gonna plan a trip somewhere 3 states away, when you can't even make it to a get-together with a 2 hour drive, lol.  :grin:

Seriously, I dunno, some of us tried it a few years ago, going to New Mexico to meet up with a bunch of California/Arizona peeps from another board. Just too many variables & never really made it work. If something gets put together, I'd try & make it work.

Disturbed

Devilman said:
That's a hot one.... you gonna plan a trip somewhere 3 states away, when you can't even make it to a get-together with a 2 hour drive, lol.   :grin:

Seriously, I dunno, some of us tried it a few years ago, going to New Mexico to meet up with a bunch of California/Arizona peeps from another board. Just too many variables & never really made it work. If something gets put together, I'd try & make it work.

:smile24: :smile24: :smile24: :smile24:  TOO FUNNY!

I would love to make a trip like that but, I think the planets would have to be all lined up. 

73 Sanger Flat

I know JJ makes a trip out to I think Needles Az every year for a big V_Drive get together , I wish I could do that , but lack of funs keeps me from going. It not cheap , figure about 700 in fuel alone , plus motels , food etc. . It would be a fun road trip ..
Maybe one of these days , I will be able too.

S

Static Line

I ran it threw streets and trips

One way to the Harbour Inn Parker,AZ 85344

1321 miles
20 hours 23min
cost $225.98

I fudged the gas mileage and cost of gas, I get better than this but some trucks may not. 

City 16
HWY 19

Tank 25 gal

I jumped the price of gas up to 3.25 to get the above cost this does not include food, lodging, and gas for the boat  :smile13:

I was not just planing on staying at the lake there are some sites i still want to see. Like the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and a few other places,  So I was thinking of a 2 week trip for my self.

S

Static Line

taylormanss said:
Devilman said:
That's a hot one.... you gonna plan a trip somewhere 3 states away, when you can't even make it to a get-together with a 2 hour drive, lol.  :grin:

that ain't no lie devilman gr can't even make coleto, hell he won't even go to the san jac, and that is in houston, but he will go out of state, wtf? :smile18:

Are you really worried where i go? do worry bro i will not leave with out you  :smile23:

duanehydro

Laast time I went to Havasu, We stopped to check prices at the Inn....something like 395.00 per. :smile14:  Needless to say, we didn't stay there....

S

Static Line

Duanehydro said:
Laast time I went to Havasu, We stopped to check prices at the Inn....something like 395.00 per. :smile14:  Needless to say, we didn't stay there....

I just used it a a end point, there is a state park right there. This would take some time to set up but I think if we pulled together we could make it happen

Carnivalride

" Ghost " said:

1321 miles
20 hours 23min
cost $225.98

I fudged the gas mileage and cost of gas, I get better than this but some trucks may not. 

City 16
HWY 19

Tank 25 gal

I jumped the price of gas up to 3.25 to get the above cost this does not include food, lodging, and gas for the boat  :smile13:

I was not just planing on staying at the lake there are some sites i still want to see. Like the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and a few other places,  So I was thinking of a 2 week trip for my self.
Do you really get that kind of mileage? Mine only got 11-12mpg pulling the boat and my Tahoe isn't much better.  :rolleyes:

73 Sanger Flat

Carnivalride said:
" Ghost " said:

1321 miles
20 hours 23min
cost $225.98

City 16
HWY 19

Tank 25 gal

Do you really get that kind of mileage? Mine only got 11-12mpg pulling the boat and my Tahoe isn't much better.  :rolleyes:

That what I was thinking .
2600 mile roundtrip divided by 12 mpg =216 gallon at and average of 3.00 = 648.00...
My old truck get 10 mpg so mine would be 260 gallon at 3.00 = 780.00

That is  why my original post was around 700.00 for fuel  only .
Of course if you have a diesel the mpg will be better , but you will pay more per gallon .

You better be ready to spend 1500 -2000 for that trip ..

Devilman

sleek460 said:
Maybe crew chief can confirm this, but I don't think you can run open headers anywhere in Cal,  NO FUN !!!

I'd have a hard time believing that, west coast is saturated with hotrod boats like jets/v-drives. The other boards I go to(PerformanceBoats, RiverDave's) thats all you see. They may have noise level laws, but that is pretty much anywhere...

Besides, they can't bust everybody, lol.... :grin:

sleek460

Last I heard park ranger sits at the ramp with a decibel meter and makes you crank the boat BEFORE you launch, over 90 or 93 and you're out of there. Maybe they still let you run on the Colorado at Blythe, thats a fun place !!plus it's a little closer.

Devilman

I did read about that on Hotboat awhile back.... It was happening at a marina/launch ramp in Havasu... Big flap about it for awhile, lot of people boycotted that marina & launched elsewhere. Never heard if anything ever changed or not.

I had always got the impression that Havasu was big boat central & not really friendly environment for smaller boats like ours, not on busy weekends anyway.

CrewChief

Most of the river won't be too much problem with open headers, but if you try to launch at any lake you better have baffles.

I Personally don't like Lake Havasu with any vertically challenged boat.

Some of the NorthWest guys (Washington/Canada) are talking about trying to come down late in the season (Sept/Oct).  Should try to make it a giant multiple site river bash.

I have a membership at a camp ground along the Parker Strip so I don't know much about the other camping/lodging options.  I will look into whats available.

I would consider a road trip to Texas for a good time.

sturat

CrewChief said:
Most of the river won't be too much problem with open headers, but if you try to launch at any lake you better have baffles.

I Personally don't like Lake Havasu with any vertically challenged boat.

Some of the NorthWest guys (Washington/Canada) are talking about trying to come down late in the season (Sept/Oct).  Should try to make it a giant multiple site river bash.

I have a membership at a camp ground along the Parker Strip so I don't know much about the other camping/lodging options.  I will look into whats available.

I would consider a road trip to Texas for a good time.
Keep us posted as this is the time we where talking about heading west.

CrewChief

I just started a thread over on SCJB about a Multi-site gathering to see what kind of responce it generates.

http://www.socaljetboats.com/index.php?topic=6411.0

Please check it out and post your comments so we can get something going.

I think this could be the jet boat event of the year!  :smile19: