Referred by Ghost Rider

CrewChief

I'm a regular over at SoCalJetBoat.com but enjoy lurking around some of the other boards.  I found many of the same people here also.  So far I've liked some of the threads and the witty responces  :rolleyes:  I'll be looking forward to posting some pics soon.  (Lake Mead trip this weekend with several peeps from SCJB).

CrewChief

S

Static Line

Glad to have you step over to THB....we are a bit more mild over here ......i think its due to old age  :smile23: and yes  :smile15: on the pics at so cal  :grin:

CrewChief

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Here are some pics of my Hondo Pantera GT Jet that I've had for a couple years.  Nice river boat with a mild BBC, Jacuzzi WJ, original gel and new upholstery to match the original.  I've been trying to gather information on the Pantera GT series of hulls with little luck, so any input would be appreciated.  What I'm trying to find out is about how many were built, for what years, and how many were jets vs v-drives.  I've seen more of the v-drives than the jets but in total only about a dozen.

CrewChief

S

Static Line

CrewChief said:

Here are some pics of my Hondo Pantera GT Jet that I've had for a couple years.  Nice river boat with a mild BBC, Jacuzzi WJ, original gel and new upholstery to match the original.  I've been trying to gather information on the Pantera GT series of hulls with little luck, so any input would be appreciated.  What I'm trying to find out is about how many were built, for what years, and how many were jets vs v-drives.  I've seen more of the v-drives than the jets but in total only about a dozen.

CrewChief

Chief thats a sweet boat, Post up some more pic it is very similar to my Cole 

S

Static Line

" Ghost " said:
CrewChief said:

CrewChief

Chief thats a sweet boat, Post up some more pic it is very similar to my Cole, I have been trying to gather the same information. I do know the Starfire also came in V-drive, jet and OB. Some times you can find the re-print of adds on E-bay. 

sturat

Devilman said:
Great pics! Man, I would love to run the boat out there someday....
Kenny
Outlaw and I are talking about a Havasu trip late summer you should see if you can make it :smile12:. Mead is not that far away from there. Would be cool to run them both just to say we did.. :smile19:

Devilman

sturat said:
Kenny
Outlaw and I are talking about a Havasu trip late summer you should see if you can make it :smile12:. Mead is not that far away from there. Would be cool to run them both just to say we did.. :smile19:

That would be sweet.  :smile15:

S

Static Line

sturat said:
Devilman said:
Great pics! Man, I would love to run the boat out there someday....
Kenny

that would be a bad a$$ trip  :smile19:

CrewChief

We arrived at Mead on Friday with the wind causing 18" swells in parts of the lake.  But Saturday was perfect, the water was glass and the air temp was warm if you wern't moving.

If you guys start planning a trip west, post some info on socaljetboats and I'm sure many of us will be able to meet up with you and show you around.

S

Static Line

CrewChief said:
We arrived at Mead on Friday with the wind causing 18" swells in parts of the lake.  But Saturday was perfect, the water was glass and the air temp was warm if you wern't moving.

If you guys start planning a trip west, post some info on socaljetboats and I'm sure many of us will be able to meet up with you and show you around.

I think that would be cool SoCal and THB hooking up. Maybe we do need to look into getting together. Meet in AZ, we will bring the BBQ  you guys bring the beer  :smile15:

CrewChief

Parker, or even the lower river (south of Blythe) would be cool.  Lake Havasu is not friendly to the freeboard challenged.

sturat

That would be cool to get together and make a little road trip. I have a buddy who lives in Victorville and we have been talking to him about a trip to SoCal. Az would be cool too as he could meet up with us there. We will keep you posted. Kenny and Derik we can talk at Coleto about it and see if we can truly swing it. I know Mike and I are not kidding about it

S

Static Line

CrewChief said:
Parker, or even the lower river (south of Blythe) would be cool.  Lake Havasu is not friendly to the freeboard challenged.

Hey CC I am not sure what river your talking about, but i was at Havasu a few years back, it was spring break  :smile15:  we stayed there in town just down the street from London Bridge...... lots of big boats.... real cool.....But on the way back to LA we took the scenic route I am guessing we went south around the lake and I we came out next to a river that was SWEET looking. There was camping right on the river. Would that be the same spot?  It looked like you could dam near run for ever

CrewChief

"The River" is the Colorado river.  The area you are talking about is the "Parker Strip" just south of Lake Havasu.  Then on the same river south of I10 is another section good for jet boats because it does get shallow (keeps the big boats away).

If you guys can put something together, I'll post it for the SCJB guys and we'll make it a big gathering.