Pump packing seal replacement

Becket

Knotty said:
spd500 said:
So Henry's tube is hot because he shoved it up in some sand ?  :smile26: think.gif

How did I get thrown into this?  crazy.gif
Take note Henry, Twas not I that drug you in! I did my level best to get this thread back on track! But it was just not ment to be I guess  :smile29:

stickman07

Guess I'll just bring a wrench and tighten em up a bit. I have way more than a dribble a minute. When fetchin' a beer from the cooler it's bilge pump time ( the wife says like every 5 minutes !!!) I'll order a set & get em b4 labor day.

No body wants to make a little change this weekend I guess.

Sent from my iPhone 4S bought with UNION Dollars ! 🇺🇸🚒

KONA77

i'll help ya tighten the packing if possible,  but i don't go to the lake to work on boats.  :smile16:

stickman07

KONA said:
i'll help ya tighten the packing if possible,  but i don't go to the lake to work on boats.  :smile16:
Thanks man .... Me either, but I seem to more than I want too ...

stickman07

New packings installed yesterday. Not a job I would recommend doing in the boat, and for sure jot at the lake as Duane said. After a couple hours & bending up a pick / hook tool a few times was finally able to get the old ones out. Piece of cake to install the new ones.
d0b47cdf-e0ca-24c4.jpg
d0b47cdf-e0dc-97fb.jpg

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Duane builds pumps, he can do it with his eyes closed! Glad you got it done though! clap.gif clap.gif

duanehydro

Doing in the hull sometimes means being strapped into a harness and hung upside down, bending your elbows in directions you never thought possible..... :smile16:

stickman07

Duanehydro said:
Doing in the hull sometimes means being strapped into a harness and hung upside down, bending your elbows in directions you never thought possible..... :smile16:
Dauuuuuum , that would have made it easy. LOL !!

Now I need a rock grate, one of my blades is MIA. Wanna do a loader eventually but the bullet is gonna have to come back out for that I believe.

southwind854

Have a special tool for jobs like this it cost around 15.00 from waterous company a fire pump manufacture. If anyone wants to order one I can get them easily. It has a small cork screw attached to a piece of cable with a tee handle on the end.

Becket

southwind854 said:
Have a special tool for jobs like this it cost around 15.00 from waterous company a fire pump manufacture. If anyone wants to order one I can get them easily. It has a small cork screw attached to a piece of cable with a tee handle on the end.
Parts house, (like Napa) usualy carry this, they call it a "Sneeky Pete" Made to remove Rope type rear main seals without removal of the Crank.

duanehydro

Lol, I use a phillips long screwdriver, with a screw welded to the end, bent slightly....whatever works, right? :smile16: