progress on Tossin' and Turnin'

73 Sanger Flat

80 MPH is pretty good in that hull .. Might not want to push it a whole lot faster ..  My 73 Sanger true flat about 85 is all I wanted to push it . It would get squirrely on shut downs ..
To gain from 5500 to 6500 RPM you going to need to drop down to maybe 15 or 18 gears or get down to a smaller diameter prop .  Just have to test props until you get one the boat likes and then gear to the prop ..

73 Sanger Flat

Hell I just go out and stomp the pedal to the floor and hang on and hope I got it close to being right ..

The prop seams to be the hardest thing to get on the boat right .Changing gears is pretty easy. Need that magical prop and then gear to what you want the engine to turn.. Too big of a prop it will make the boat a beast to drive it will man handle the boat bad , too small of a prop it will prop burn too much but a lot easier to drive in my opinion .. I am still trying to get my boat in that sweet spot to where I get down to 15-16% prop slip .. I am still up around 18%-19% ..I just threw a lot of power at mine to get it to run 110-115 mph right now .. Oh well I am still having fun with it and that is all that counts .. Mine will prop burn to about 6500 and pull down to about 5800 and then pull back to 6900 on top end .. I am doing this with 32 gears but I have a LOT of torque in the engine to do that ..

Jerry - keep us updated , we love new information .. Maybe we can hook up one of these weekend .. Where are you taking the boat for testing .. I thought I seen Bandera area ??