PALESTINE------?

73 Sanger Flat

FL350 said:
Yea went out last week a couple of v drives open headers on both. Mine is really starting to come around.
Took the scarab out yesterday had a blast!!
Give me a call when you get over here and I will pick you up in the scarab and show you around the lake

That would be cool .. Shoot me your number on a PM . I do not think I have it .. Might have a couple extra people that would want to go with me ..

Glad the circle boat is coming around ..

HellinnFrnt

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
FL350 said:
Yea went out last week a couple of v drives open headers on both. Mine is really starting to come around.
Took the scarab out yesterday had a blast!!
Give me a call when you get over here and I will pick you up in the scarab and show you around the lake

That would be cool .. Shoot me your number on a PM . I do not think I have it .. Might have a couple extra people that would want to go with me ..

Glad the circle boat is coming around ..

and around and around ..................  heh ....

J C Gordon

I took the bowtie that came out my wifes 07 tahoe grille and painted it blue with the chrome trim and mounted it to the back of my scoop. Something different. Even though its just an ole dumptruck motor its still a Chevy.  :smile30:

3boatpaul

J C Gordon said:
I took the bowtie that came out my wifes 07 tahoe grille and painted it blue with the chrome trim and mounted it to the back of my scoop. Something different. Even though its just an ole dumptruck motor its still a Chevy.  :smile30:
  jump.gif  WAHOOO, that's what i got too. got to love those old reliable 366 dump truck motor's.
they take a licken and keep on ticken.  whatever.gif  glad to see you are a least doing some thing to the boat.
hurry up or the season will be over .  :smile17:

J C Gordon

I know it Paul, summer is flying by and still havent even seen the water. Just need a bowl and will be ready. But they kinda pricey...

J C Gordon

Well bout to leave work head home take short nap and then build my pump and hopefully do a little testing saturday if nothing gets in the way. Crossing fingers..... bling.gif

3boatpaul

J C Gordon said:
Well bout to leave work head home take short nap and then build my pump and hopefully do a little testing saturday if nothing gets in the way. Crossing fingers..... bling.gif
                                                clap.gif

J C Gordon

Waiting on a new shorter bowl cradle. Went to install mine and it was way too tall. got one ordered be on water by this weekend if daughters surgery goes good enough for me to sneek out for a little while.  bling.gif

Stealth

Good luck to your daughter in the knife fight.  Hard to win, but I will be hoping.  I Might even be tuff enough to get on the water Saturday.  Luck to ya.... 

J C Gordon

Thanks yall, should be a easy and quick deal. Its just her tonsils. But im keeping her through out the week for recovery while momma works. But hopefully I can sneek out in one of the evenings to see how its gonna do..  bling.gif

Stealth

I have been watching the weather, and somehow my tookus setting in a boat in 105 degree sun just doesn't seem like an intelligent thing to do.  I would sure like to be out there, but geez, this is getting ridiculous.  I suppose riding the old john deere will have to cover as a power pass this weekend.  If they lied, I would be trying to go possibly late Saturday.  Maybe I could construct an 80 mph umbrella for jet boats...????

3boatpaul

Stealth said:
I have been watching the weather, and somehow my tookus setting in a boat in 105 degree sun just doesn't seem like an intelligent thing to do.  I would sure like to be out there, but geez, this is getting ridiculous.  I suppose riding the old john deere will have to cover as a power pass this weekend.  If they lied, I would be trying to go possibly late Saturday.  Maybe I could construct an 80 mph umbrella for jet boats...????
has gotten to the point that i do not even go to the river until 5 in the evening and hang till about 8,  still light until then. let all the amature's and mom and pop with the kid's type turn into lobster's during the afternoon.  :smile18: LOL.  going later has the benefit's of the water more condusive to running a flattie.  :smile27:

J C Gordon

Daughters surgery went really well. She is doing good and talking a little more today. Hope everyone is cool in this hot weather. I hear ya on the late evening outtings Paul. It was showing 116* on back porch yesterday....  :smile18:

3boatpaul

J C Gordon said:
Daughters surgery went really well. She is doing good and talking a little more today. Hope everyone is cool in this hot weather. I hear ya on the late evening outtings Paul. It was showing 116* on back porch yesterday....  :smile18:
glad everything went well for your daughter.  pretty much as hot here too, has been 110+every day for the last 4or5 week's and befor that 100+ have spent early morning's and evening's watering,  BUT the heat stress is taking it's toll, and it's hard to see all the work we have done around here with 4 acre's of plant's shrub's, garden's and such just withering away and not a dam thing i can do to stop it. 

J C Gordon

Ran over late saturday evening for some quick testing and found that the new impellar brought the rpm way down from that B I was running. Motor is in much need of tuning, carb acted like it was way rich. Ended the trip quickly with a oil leak on the fuel pump. All in all it ran floated and went back on trailer under own power so next is fix oil leak and tune carb. Not real sure about that big impeller just yet. Made motor feel like a stock 454 and was only turning around 5800rpm gotta at least see 6500 on spray. SO I guess we will see..  :smile19:

Stealth

Glad the initial tests went well, JC.. My impeller is probably too big, I don't turn much over 5500 but GPS says about 87 at that.  I don't really want any more speed, and the hole shot is like a kick in the butt... haven't failed to cause passengers to look for the "handle" under even gentle plane out.  Must be the torque, (I have a ton) and i would sure hate to cut my impeller back for the sake of a few more RPMs and who knows how many mph drop at the same RPM.  I am correct am i not? ..... the more you trim your impeller, the more RPMs you roll, but isn't that all weighed to forward pump movement?  In other words, if you are an A and move to a B, you get more engine RPMs, (possibly into your curve) but actual MPH would only increase as your motor produces more hp and torque and RPMs?... some of this is still not clear in my mind.....

I have a burning need to get out this weekend.  Will see if that irrigation pump shows up for my installation .. if not.. i need to burn fuel.