PALESTINE------?

3boatpaul

haven't seen any post in a long time. just wondering if you guy's still get together down there.  think.gif
if so let me know, looking to make some closer local day trip's.  crazy.gif  kind of tired of looking at the same clamp  on face's at the river.  :smile29:

J C Gordon

We still here Paul. My boat is still tore down but hopefully by this week it will be back together or at least close. Gotta work all next weekend though. I havent even been close to water this summer yet, sucks pretty bad but work has had me bowed up.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone been out to the rv park? Did they start clearing some more lots? think.gif :smile21:

Stealth

I sit with baited breath waiting on the durn wind to drop somewhere below gale strength and there just might not be enough fuel around to take care of my noisy happiness.  JC needs to get to twisting those wrenches and the wind needs to lay down some for any fun to be had on Palestine. 

This all assumes that I don't pop before all of the above lines up.

My boat isn't skeert of the water in that wind, but I am.  Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. 

3boatpaul

Stealth said:
I sit with baited breath waiting on the durn wind to drop somewhere below gale strength and there just might not be enough fuel around to take care of my noisy happiness.  JC needs to get to twisting those wrenches and the wind needs to lay down some for any fun to be had on Palestine. 

This all assumes that I don't pop before all of the above lines up.

My boat isn't skeert of the water in that wind, but I am.  Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.
  :smile26: ooo i hear you on the windy thing,-------- same problem here plus the river is still way high.
have been putting in at red river south and sneaking out to the river thinking no one in there right mind would be at the sand bar and i would have the place to my self,  crazy.gif  BUT every time i go out there the place is full of those crazy clamp on racer crowd testing and tuning.  :smile29:

jdf

hey paul ,,,we gave up our spot down there ,,but we still have  our two on tyler ,plus tobey has a house on tyler just down from our shop,,so its looking like tyler this year ,,, have shoot me your # again lost ed

73 Sanger Flat

Maybe this year I can meet you guys in Tyler .. We will be there the 4th of July but with no boat.. Big family Re-Union at the Lake, so the fast boat is a no go for that weekend ..

We will be at the very top of Old lake Tyler on the West side of the lake , maybe 4 or 5 boat houses from the end of the lake .. Should be a big Tent sit up there .. If you guys are out , stop bye and say hi .

3boatpaul

jdf said:
hey paul ,,,we gave up our spot down there ,,but we still have  our two on tyler ,plus tobey has a house on tyler just down from our shop,,so its looking like tyler this year ,,, have shoot me your # again lost ed
hi david, not a problem coming to tyler. just let me know when and how to get to the shindig's.
ck. you'r messages for phone # 

J C Gordon

All I got to do really is find another bowl and finish my transom plates and ill be ready. Need some water theropy. Headed to the lake after work this evening ao look for us at the lake house in the am. Across from M&M marina blue roofed boathouse.

Stealth

Another successful day on the water at Palestine.  Wind was down, heat was up, and the big ball of fire in the sky was cookin' but if you were 'moving' it was ok.  Water was great.  Bass were schooling on the surface.  We managed to burn up a $100 bill on fuel and for a new build, another flawless outing is giving me some confidence that things are all together and working.  Not too much of an adventure, but did circle the entire lake at least once and made some noise in Saline.  Y'all come out and we can cause STEREO.

3boatpaul

oooooo aaaaaa mmmmmm??????  like yota i feel a disturbance in the universe.  :smile26:
                  OOOOOOOOO DAVID.???????????  think.gif

3boatpaul

Stealth said:
Another successful day on the water at Palestine.  Wind was down, heat was up, and the big ball of fire in the sky was cookin' but if you were 'moving' it was ok.  Water was great.  Bass were schooling on the surface.  We managed to burn up a $100 bill on fuel and for a new build, another flawless outing is giving me some confidence that things are all together and working.  Not too much of an adventure, but did circle the entire lake at least once and made some noise in Saline.  Y'all come out and we can cause STEREO.
YEP GOT TO LOVE CALM WATER'S. went to the river early this morning for some tuning fun , no wind
no other boat's  and very calm water's.  finally got a chance for my flattie fix.  full down peddel  and
  still prop walking and trying to shoot skyward.  crazy.gif  too much of an adrenalin rush for this old body.
time to put the hydro motor back together.   

Stealth

Paul..
I hear that "old" business... After a few blasts my whole body seems bunched up.  Cruising is relaxing, blasting is rather stress forming.  However... rushes are a rush..  Life begins after 500 cubic inches...  Makes it worth it when the bass fishermen give you the "punch it" sign.  Just keep that water calm.  I assume you are still going to Caddo?  I need to do that one.

J C Gordon

Just checking in, still looking for a bowl and some time. My next weekend off I plan on being on the water. Which will probly be july 4th. Glad yall are keeping the bassboats in check. Last year we ran up on Tyler Fords sponsored boat and they where headed for the marina. Its awesome to see the look on their faces when they are hammer down and you pull a NOS pass right by em like they sitting still. Missing the rush fo sho...JC

3boatpaul

CADDO------- haven't done that in quite a while, badblood (keith) is usualy on the know about running from the bridge up to karnac. haven't heard much out of him in a while. must be some of that super secret stuff
going on.  think.gif

:smile26:  JDF i'm still feeling the ripple wave's of a disturbance in the universal stable.  think.gif

Stealth

Make it fly with a Bowtie!!

Does my boat have to have a Chevy sign?  Sorta a Chevy design.  Nothing on mine that even says Chevrolet.  Merlin III, close enough?  Oh and the distributor is in the back where it is supposed to be... can I be in the Cheby Club?

73 Sanger Flat

I bought me some bowtie decal to put on my engine just to let everyone know that I run Chevy power . Because some people out there can not tell the difference by looking at the engine , especially with the engine in a V-Drive

73 Sanger Flat

That is true ..

You done any more testing on the boat ?  I will be in Tyler on the 18th setting up my RV for the 4th of July weekend . Sure wish i could bring my boat

FL350

Administrator
Yea went out last week a couple of v drives open headers on both. Mine is really starting to come around.
Took the scarab out yesterday had a blast!!
Give me a call when you get over here and I will pick you up in the scarab and show you around the lake