OXIDATION HELP

spd500

Oreilly Auto Parts carries alot of 3M stuff , but it's all behind the counter so you have to ask for it . If your local store don't have it they can probably get it for you . That is where I get most of my stuff from , they are a little high priced but by the time I drive over to another supplier I would spend the same in gas .

waterwalker

waterwalker said:
KONA said:
here's some experience first hand,    i use a 3m  product called "PERFECT-IT"  i had a client that left his boat with me,  and when he came to pick it up he asked me what he could do to remove the oxidation (salt water oxidation) from his gel coat,  so i walked into the shop got my bottle and a rag and showed him...    told him now get after it  :grin:

Hmmm...Can you show me? Oh if you ask Jasson (wafo) I'm a slow learner so it just might be done by the time I catch on to what your doing!! 
                                                                          crazy.gif

Thanks for the info too!

Maybe with some help (typed, verbal battering) you guys can give Jasson (WAFO) some incentive to get off the cove a little and help me get this old ski boat done!!!  hurry.gif

spd500

Is this ski boat by any chance Chrysler powered ? This project is starting to sound like a Chrysler project . You want to talk about how awesome it would be , but you ain't gonna do anything to make it happen .

waterwalker

spd500 said:
Is this ski boat by any chance Chrysler powered ? This project is starting to sound like a Chrysler project . You want to talk about how awesome it would be , but you ain't gonna do anything to make it happen .

Not a Chrysler. Not sure how awesome it will be...just an old ski boat to haul friends, family and whoever around while we think about getting another jet. DON'T KNOW THAT I HAVE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT "ain't gonna do anything to make it happen". For those that know Jasson, who seems to spend all his time on the lake, I was joking about rounding him up to do the buffing, while the rest is being done. 

Last Mohecian

Administrator
spd500 said:

Damn shannon.  Go easy on Mike.  He is a good guy.  He is Jasson's (WAFOBABY) dad.

spd500

I was actually messing with CJ  :smile30: not trying to say anything about the OP , guess I worded it badly .

waterwalker

spd500 said:
I was actually messing with CJ  :smile30: not trying to say anything about the OP , guess I worded it badly .

Didn't take anything personal...nor should you! Just know by reading all these threads that there are a lot of jesters, joking, and BS rhetoric. At one point in the past Jasson and I were reading THB threads when I made a comment about some guys use these threads to release some of their testosterone and emotions 'cause their wives run the home roost.
                                                                                                      :smile20:

Whatever it may be, I am sure we all hold our own...even us who don't write much on here.
Happy Boating

waterwalker

KONA said:
maybe,  but anytime you can slap spd500 around do so....  :smile16:

Gotta be easy with some of these youngsters. Can't talk bad about CJ...Need that old boat on the water so my old Century ski boat will look decent.  :smile17:

ChryslerJet

waterwalker said:
KONA said:

Gotta be easy with some of these youngsters. Can't talk bad about CJ...Need that old boat on the water so my old Century ski boat will look decent.  :smile17:
Now there's a slap in the face
clap.gif

waterwalker

ChryslerJet said:
waterwalker said:
KONA said:

clap.gif

I don't write on here much but seems like this time there was some interest. I see you taske a lot from these guys that don't have real jobs, and only lay around tinkering with their hot boats.

ChryslerJet

waterwalker said:
ChryslerJet said:
waterwalker said:
KONA said:

clap.gif

I don't write on here much but seems like this time there was some interest. I see you taske a lot from these guys that don't have real jobs, and only lay around tinkering with their hot boats.
It's all good I kinda have to take a little until I show them I can get the boat done.  Once it's done they will not have much to talk about.

spd500

waterwalker said:
Really don't think the ribbin' will stop when that boat floats. Seems like the pace has been set.

Just be glad he didn't tell you to take the oxidation off of the ski boat with a grinder or a DA sander  think.gif Or tell you to just rub the boat down with motor oil or some crazy shit  crazy.gif

KONA77

i see this thread has been thrashed by spd500...    :rolleyes:

have you had any progress with the oxidation removal??

spd500

KONA said:
i see this thread has been thrashed by spd500...    :rolleyes:

have you had any progress with the oxidation removal??

Umm , really ? You gonna complain about someone posting off topic in a thread ? Kinda brings to mind something about a pot , and a kettle  think.gif how did that one go  think.gif