opening of my jet boat shop.

Knotty Girl

Devilman said:
veestyle said:
On the back of Ken sr's boat it says "pumps by mike", is this the same mike?

There is/was a man named Mike Ward (I believe was his last name) in the Houston area that had a shop called Mike's Pump & Speed. May have possibly been him?

Correct

John

yeah but did you have to beg him to do it, i think he prefers to turn props now more so than deal with pumps.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
John said:
yeah but did you have to beg him to do it, i think he prefers to turn props now more so than deal with pumps.
I thought he was building barns and metal buildings. Don't know anything about props. Demonseed's dad use to race with him, I don't know that there was much to the begging! But you never know! think.gif

mr rogers

I was actually at Mike's place about a year and a half ago. spoke with him and Dana, and he told me he was all done with pumps. they were selling metal carports at one time, but not sure if they still are. Mike was one of the people who helped me get started along with Jack McClure of MPD. :smile27:

Devilman

I used to deal with Dana from time to time. She was always great to deal with. Mr McClure is a west coast heavy hitter if I recall correctly. :smile17:

Well, keep us posted on things & we'll pass the word around about your shop. Next time we are in the area, maybe we can come out & get the guided tour. jump.gif

John

Patchman said:
John said:
I thought he was building barns and metal buildings. Don't know anything about props. Demonseed's dad use to race with him, I don't know that there was much to the begging! But you never know! think.gif

nevermind I'm thinking of the other mike, mike hood

veestyle

good luck on your shop, hopefully you'll stock lotsa parts and sell to THB members for a great deal. one to two day shipping for the price of ground would be nice. Any plans on a point of sale device to use credit cards?

ChryslerJet

veestyle said:
good luck on your shop, hopefully you'll stock lotsa parts and sell to THB members for a great deal. one to two day shipping for the price of ground would be nice. Any plans on a point of sale device to use credit cards?
Using UPS almost anywhere in Texas is 1 day ground.

mr rogers

veestyle, i do plan on having a fully stocked parts department, and my prices will be  fair. I do also plan on having the capabilities to accept credit cards.

mr rogers said:
Steve, I dont plan on breakin that machine back out. :smile23:

Lmbo...... I here that! That's a lot of work I now give props to them folks and won't b1tch about the price no more eaither!! Although I've had quite a few offers on to do some peeps lol!  :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Knotty said:
pro53 said:
Well hes got mine, so I will be on the water this year  :smile16:

clap.gif jump.gif clap.gif jump.gif
Well that's as long as no Willys parts come up. Then the boat is back in it's corner of shame! :evil: