New Local Lake Maps

HellinnFrnt

72hondo said:
HellinnFrnt said:
just post up lewisville with a big pin in the middle cuz I never know where I'm going to wind up ... :)

Saw you outside the other day honked the horn, looked at me like who the F*** is this guy....
Hard to see thru tinted windows ;)  and that's pretty much the look everyone gets...

Big Sandy only free ramp. Point Vista. Arrowhead. Weslake.

Ultra Custom

You have multiple points of access on eagle mountain. But probably the best on the lake as far as parking restrooms and soforth would be the brand new twin points facility. It can be read up on in the tarrant regional water district website.  1/4 mile around corner one way is the spillway. Home to auggies sports bar and the spillway club . They have a ramp too. There is the big dam 1/4 mile around the other way with high levy and deep water. Always glass. And its looooong. Then going up the lake there is the island. It runs east and west. Has sandy beach. Glass water and a covered pavilion.  Its usually got a grill chained to picnic table. All the area there is perfect for hot boaters. Then up on west side due north of island is west bay marina. Find them on Facebook.  Its straight shot east to party cove. Then just north of party cove is lakeview marina. Find them on Facebook also. Good loading there as well. The southern end of lake can get choppy. Till sun set anyhow.  Saturday is the big tie up in party cove. In saginaw and lake worth area is food and hotels. In azle you have the same thing. Walmart in all 3 cities. I personally don't like the run from south end up to calmer waters and the cove. If there is anything I can help with. Even a couch to crash or a place to park a boat over night when you go to room let me know. Also. Azle is 76020 zip code. Look on internet at "Home away" there are houses on the lake with boat ramps and docks for rent. I've seen them that will sleep 10. Anything else feel free to text me @ 817 845 2887 or e-mail @ gaston187c@gmail.com

Ultra Custom

And I can't find any map as of yet worthy of posting. Lol. Its real easy lake to get around by roads. And everyone around here knows the lake well. If you hit 199 @ n.w. loop 820 you cross lake worth bridge and keep going to hanger cut off. Turn right on wells burnet rd. This dead ends on twin points gate. Back in lake worth you turn at racetrac on. Boat club rd. It will take you to peden road. Its a left turn and dead ends at Lakeview marina. Back in azle at 199 & 730n "boyd hwy" go north to sandy beach rd. Turn right . Then turn left on liberty school tap rd. At stop sign turn right and that rd dead ends at west bay marina

HellinnFrnt

To bad some people's Saturdays correspond to everyone else's Wednesdays .... but let me know ...I'm off at 1 pm most days.. .take boat to work in coppell and be there by 2 .... clap.gif

veestyle

News update: Colon Park marina has spent some cheddar on their boat ramp. They poured two loads of gravel at the end of the traditional boat ramp and topped it with an old picnic table slab extending the ramp out 10 more feet. They marked the sides with pvc poles.  When I got home yesterday I head a strange sound. It was someone actually on the lake buzzing around on a water ninja.  I drove down expecting to see some moron teens who had launched off the drop off of the ramp but just found regular moron teens who'd lucked into the new ramp.  I love watching them pull up to shore on a machine with a jet drive, circlling around in 3-6 inches of water and revving up the motor with no abandon.  There was a kayak fishing guy sitting in the trees 300 yards out.  I bet he wished the jetski would go away; two people total on the lake sharing the same two football field area.  I do seriously miss having a boat ramp that works and seeing people on the water. 
This weekend i'll launch and check the depth and  how smooth the transition is.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well it's not exactly at that spot, but it is most definitely a V-drive! That's the one George wanted to recover! :smile30: Another anchor, that's by Rocky's boat ramp! :smile23: :smile16:

Devilman

Patchman said:
Well it's not exactly at that spot, but it is most definitely a V-drive! That's the one George wanted to recover! :smile30: Another anchor, that's by Rocky's boat ramp! :smile23: :smile16:

I thought that boat ended up getting hauled outta there.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

I thought that boat ended up getting hauled outta there.
I don't know if it did, but I assume it probably did when the water was so low.

Knotty Girl

I think George went back out there at night and got that V-drive.  Next thing he will be showing in a show.  think.gif