New Local Lake Maps

blazeracer

soldier of fortune said:
heard lavon is a pond now, rayburn still has water in it jump.gif jump.gif

Lavon is down 8 or 9. Tawak and Hubbard are at 3 or 4.

Word is congressional approval has been granted to open the pipeline from Texoma to Lavon. The issue being the possibility of zebra mussels being transported across state lines, they got around it.. Pipeline expected completion is August of this year. If it's the same pipeline I read about a couple of years ago, it will feed the pumping station directly that provides water for the Dallas side of DFW. Currently, all the water comes from Lavon which is why it fluctuates so much compered to other lakes in the area. Lavon may get very low, but it will never go dry because of the purpose it serves. They pull water from Ray Hubbard if needed through an existing pipeline, but the North Texas water district has to pay the city of Dallas for that water while they already own a percentage of the water in Texoma.  As far as I know, the pipeline from Texoma will not put new water into Lavon, but only feed the pump station with an intricate filter system to prevent the zebra musses from entering the Lavon pump station. That's how they approval to cross state lines with water that may contain an invasive species.

I could be way off base on all that though..  crazy.gif

WAFOBABY

Well just went Friday afternoon and looked at the lake its more than 4ft in my book.  They are sucking the hell out of some water on Twak as well.  I herd the middle of hawk cove is 6ft deep.  Sure hope we get some good Rain in May or we will have PLENTY of BEACH come JULY regatta.  But thats not a bad thing the first one was a GOOD TIME !  only lake I know of that isnt that LOW is hubbard and DAMN the waves on that like look like gulf coast

Sharkbit

James, you may want to add a pin for the Robertson north ramp. Not a bad place to be when the wind is out of the south.

blazeracer

Sharkbit said:
James, you may want to add a pin for the Robertson north ramp. Not a bad place to be when the wind is out of the south.

Done, added the Zion Rd ramp also. That one's real close to Bass Pro.

blazeracer

Crusader said:
James...you're not going to get your panties all in a wad if I add locations to your original post, are you????

No, if anyone wants to make a map of their home lake and have a moderator add it to the first post, have at it if it benefits the group.

jimsplace

The Joe Pool map is appreciated, but it's marked wrong.
E.O.'s party and Fridays meeting place is in the cove with a ramp just South of where the location is marked.

72hondo

HellinnFrnt said:
just post up lewisville with a big pin in the middle cuz I never know where I'm going to wind up ... :)

Saw you outside the other day honked the horn, looked at me like who the fuck is this guy....

blazeracer

HellinnFrnt said:
just post up lewisville with a big pin in the middle cuz I never know where I'm going to wind up ... :)

Made one, but really.... Where do you guys go? Just name a couple of good spots.