new guy in the south

Chevy2184

hello all.... new guy i guess in the south? im about an hour north of san antonio... been trying to get on the board FOREVER?? and finally got my login
  stuff to work.. look forward to speaking to all!!

thanks
jason

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to THB! Feel free to jump rite in with the posts, and boat pics are always appreciated! :smile16:

Devilman

welcome aboard. drag a chair up & feel free to get something to drink out of Sgayrab's cooler. Oh wait, he only drinks Zima, you may want to re-think that. :grin:

what kinda boat do you have & where do you normally run? maybe we'll catch ya on the water somewhere soon. :cool:

John

i think this is what your looking for Jeff!
this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

welcome btw

you coming to somerville the saturday?

Chevy2184

Thanks guys... Usually play at lbj or canyon or amistead? Where ever we can find a pond that still has water in it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Sweet boats! I boat up on Inks every now and then. Been on LBJ on 4th of July weekend, and it was crazy out there. Been wanting to go back though! :smile30:

Chevy2184

Lbj gets crazy for sure... Pretty much just hang out on sand bar and wait for some what of a break to make a little run... Think going to go to canyon Labor Day and see how that goes? Pretty lake! Haven't been on it in a boat much?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I want to go back to Canyon as well. We had a nice little gathering at party cove one year. It was fine until we got out in the deep water! But still a cool place as well. I wish Medina would come back. That place was one of my favorite lakes!

Chevy2184

X2 on medina!! I'm about 35 min from their... Where we were going to put in at canyon on the map didn't look like we had to cross to much big water to get to party cove?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
We stayed with some friends up there, I'm not sure what it is called. John will know. We didn't have to run the deep water, we just decided to take a look around! crazy.gif

Chevy2184

I think we were going to put in at potters creek? Have a nice marina with a nice restaurant and everything right their... Then just looked like maybe a mile or so shot across the lake to party cove?

John

Patchman said:
We stayed with some friends up there, I'm not sure what it is called. John will know. We didn't have to run the deep water, we just decided to take a look around! crazy.gif

yall ran the entire length of the lake from turkey cove ramp up to the cove.

every where on that lake is deep!

nice boats for sure

Chevy2184

Thanks john... Really looking forward to being on some new water.. We have a wide spot in the river about a mile from the house we will go play at during the week. It's ok to go hang out and get wet and drink a beer but it's only about 300 yards long and about 100 yards wide? One wake boat shows up and the funs over..