My new ride, 1979 Witchcraft Screamer 21' w/235HP Evinrude

customtouch

SyTy Speed Shop said:
On these outboards, is the engine oil, and the lower unit oil two separate things? or is it the same oil? Been doing some research on it and its hard to tell.

Also, if your boat is rated for 250HP, im assuming its not a good idea to exceed that rating? or would it just depend on the condition of the boat/transom?

From what Ive been able to research, my rig is rated for 250, and already has the 235 on it, so if i wanted to do some upgrades to the engine for more power i don't have much room too expand before exceeding the hull rating.

Another question i had is, how hard is it to convert an O/B boat to a jet or v-drive or IB/OB type setup if say the O/B crapped out, and im not looking to drop 5 or 10 grand on a new O/B.

I have always looked at hp ratings like I do speed limit signs..............it's merely a suggestion!!  LOL!!  I also don't recommend others to take my approach !!! :grin:

customtouch said:
SyTy Speed Shop said:
On these outboards, is the engine oil, and the lower unit oil two separate things? or is it the same oil? Been doing some research on it and its hard to tell.

Also, if your boat is rated for 250HP, im assuming its not a good idea to exceed that rating? or would it just depend on the condition of the boat/transom?

From what Ive been able to research, my rig is rated for 250, and already has the 235 on it, so if i wanted to do some upgrades to the engine for more power i don't have much room too expand before exceeding the hull rating.

Another question i had is, how hard is it to convert an O/B boat to a jet or v-drive or IB/OB type setup if say the O/B crapped out, and im not looking to drop 5 or 10 grand on a new O/B.

I have always looked at hp ratings like I do speed limit signs..............it's merely a suggestion!!  LOL!!  I also don't recommend others to take my approach !!! :grin:

Lol right!!