my imaginary motor

John

Patchman said:
These things I have to know. I'm going to get a Pachanga with a King Cobra and smoke some serious azz! :smile26: :smile26:

dont do it OMC went out of business for a reason!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Can the OMC drives hold up? I'm looking at a BBF powered boat, so they have to be able to take some serious horsepower! Or is there a way to adapt them over to Bravo drive? think.gif

Patchman said:
Can the OMC drives hold up? I'm looking at a BBF powered boat, so they have to be able to take some serious horsepower! Or is there a way to adapt them over to Bravo drive? think.gif

Your taking dollars to do that!! :smile13:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a real nice Baja on the left coast that was clean. But it was an OMC and that kind of deterred me away. :smile25:

scarabscs

This thread is an easy one to answer.  Here is my inaginary motor.... Merc 1650 with M8 Drive  :smile16:  And of course I would have to add the optional carbon fiber kit

WFO

John said:
did you work on the bottom? did it have a hook?

No hook The bottom is good the pump is set up good. Maybe could be a little in the pump yet but, like I say this TX is a splash and is laid up on the heavy side.

John

well if your starting from scratch with a block and stroker crank
is there a disadvantage building a 572 at 4.5 bore and 4.5 stroke as opposed to the 540 with 4.5 bores and 4.25 stroke?

with a 4.5 stroker crank what length rods?

at at what stroke length do you need to go to a tall deck for piston geometry  to be some what straight?

Disturbed

John said:
well if your starting from scratch with a block and stroker crank
is there a disadvantage building a 572 at 4.5 bore and 4.5 stroke as opposed to the 540 with 4.5 bores and 4.25 stroke?

with a 4.5 stroker crank what length rods?

at at what stroke length do you need to go to a tall deck for piston geometry  to be some what straight?

The tall deck is the best way to go with as long of rods as possible.  Deck height will determine the rod length.