MONEY SAVING INFO!!

blazeracer

Crusader said:
Oil pan looks great James!!

You're a media blaster guru now man!!!

James got him a new toy. Snicker......lol.

The oil pan looks fantastic, but the Ford blue from Orielly's isn't the same as the Ford blue from Blaines. I'm gonna swing by Blaines on Monday and get a can of what they used on the block so they match.

I don't know about being a guru, but it's pretty neat taking a piece that look like it belongs in the scrap pile and making it look like new.

Hey Jim, what special gear needs to be added for soda blasting?

jdeaton

It's been awhile, since I put soda through my blaster and I don't have the written instructions in front of me, plus I can't find where I saved them on my computer,but I think I just change out tips and adjusted the pressure to the gun.  When I find the written information, I will put it out.  Remember James I have a built in vacuum system on my box, which you will need to use Silicone and Soda.  I only used the soda to remove paint on plastic interior parts on a friends Corvette project. I can't imagine anything on a boat that would require soda to be used.  By the way baking soda will work.  So when Maria changes out the Arm and Hammer in the fridge each month, start a collection box in your shop, before long you ll have enough to do some blasting.  That's another thing, the vacuum system will remove about half the soda as you blast, so you ll need to keep adding to your box.

blazeracer

My blast cabiniet has ports for a vacuum system. Basically, hook my shop vac up to it. There is no shortage of baking soda in my shop. It's a fridge shop. About half the fridges we get in have a baking soda box in them. We probably throw 10 pounds a week in the trash.

jdeaton

SCORE!!!! With your shop vac you can dump it back into the system and carry on. My system blows it out the back of my shop through a dryer vent system.

blazeracer

Cool... I'll tell my guys to quit chucking it for a while and get a box with a plastic bag as a liner to collect it up. Will soda keep polished aluminum polished? Some of the pieces on my motor were polished and have a little orange paint on them from the PO. I want to get them cleaned up real good without losing the polish.