May need new Prop

73 Sanger Flat

I might have to get a new prop for the V-Drive .I might have a crack in mine .. Going to let JJ check it for me . Please let me know what everyone is running on their V-Drives . Brand , Pitch and Diameter.. and what it cost when you bought it ..
I heard good things about Harold Kinsavater (  spelling ) and Tom Bentley at Menkens and Dallas at ?? . They are very pricey so I want to get some feed back on what you got and what the service was like ..
Thanks Billy

Trigger

Give Loren a call. He's been talking/working with all those guys on his prop lately and I'm sure has some good, fresh knowledge. I have an extra 11x16 you could try if those guys think it might be what you need.

customtouch

I have a prop off of mine that you are welcome to try if you like. I believe it is a Menkins but I will have to check size. I am pretty sure I won't be using it any time real soon (LOL) so I won't need it back right away and it might help to try some different ones before you bite the bullet to buy one.

73 Sanger Flat

Trigger said:
Give Loren a call. He's been talking/working with all those guys on his prop lately and I'm sure has some good, fresh knowledge. I have an extra 11x16 you could try if those guys think it might be what you need.
I have been corresponding with Loren a lot lately , he has not bit the bullet yet , so I am waiting to hear what he got also
Mine is a 11 x 16 also .. The one I have is stamped COLE  BGF  11 x 16 .. I understand that Tom Black made these for Cole back in the days .. It for a Blown Gas Flat and very aggressive rake according to Tom Bentley

73 Sanger Flat

customtouch said:
I have a prop off of mine that you are welcome to try if you like. I believe it is a Menkins but I will have to check size. I am pretty sure I won't be using it any time real soon (LOL) so I won't need it back right away and it might help to try some different ones before you bite the bullet to buy one.
If I don;t find some thing . I might try it , the problem about trying it . I might not want to give it back if it works good on the boat .. I have tried 4 different props in one day at Plowmans .. JJ and Tony let me borrow their props and the fastest prop was a 10 7/8 x 16 that Tony had and now Rusty McGrew has it on his boat .. That prop was 2 mph faster that all of them I tried .. I should have bought it that day ..

Trigger

I'm pretty sure the extra 11x16 I have is a precision. If it works good on your boat and you want it, you are welcome to it. Of course if it works that well it may get a bit pricey. lol

Going home this weekend so let me know if you want me to grab it.

73 Sanger Flat

Brian - I would like to try it , but it will be spring before I can try it .. I think I tried a Precision before . they are nice ..
If you do not have any plans for it until Spring , yeah crab it .. Hey did you get the camera from the gun shop ?

Trigger

10-4 will do. No camera yet, just back in town late last night. Gotta do some business there today so I'll grab it.

73 Sanger Flat

Trigger said:
Haha. I have no idea. $300-$400?
That about what a used one is going for in between 300-500.    Yeah the new ones that i was quoted are 850.00 from Tom Bentley and Harold Kinsavator
Brian - If it works good for my boat , I will work it out with you on the price ..

Disturbed

I've been pretty pleased with the Menkens prop.  The cool thing about it is that he guarantees it will improve your boats performance.  If you don't see an improvement over the competion's prop, send it back.  He'll work with you and modify the prop to your boat. 

Disturbed

KONA said:
I'm sure he would be along in awhile,  he's probably tangled up in some wires lol

No wires today.  Just trying to make a laptop talk to an engine computer.  They're not seeing port to port. 

crazy.gif whatever.gif

73 Sanger Flat

DISTURBED said:
I've been pretty pleased with the Menkens prop.  The cool thing about it is that he guarantees it will improve your boats performance.  If you don't see an improvement over the competion's prop, send it back.  He'll work with you and modify the prop to your boat.
Was this Tom Bentley ?  That is who Galen prop came from and it is very nice .. What was the price on yours ?