Lucass Payout

jimsplace

DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:
DISTURBED said:
The word on the street is that 4 boats are considered to be a full field.  crazy.gif 

Hopefully, this will get confirmed or denied next weekend at the annual SDBA meeting.

I gotcha. So that is how it works though right... say if 4 is the the number... if 4 don't commit, the purse is still divvied up between the ones that show.

No idea.  I think PE is the only class that consistently has less than 4 boats.  Most other classes probably average around 12.  Except for some of the Pro classes at the smaller races.

To a large extent, aren't the QE boats the ones that used to run PE?  In other words, the PE guys are running 1,000 now and being called QE, instead of running 1/4 mile.  There is just more safety doing that by keeping the speeds below the 145mph, along with being easier on parts.

jimsplace

DISTURBED said:
I can't help but laugh.
1.  How many of the racers or crew members buy beer at the races?  Pretty close to none, maybe?
2.  How many of the racers are drinking beer during the races?  I'll bet your guy doesn't.
    Well, at least while he's still in competition.

Devilman

jimsplace said:
I can't help but laugh.
1.  How many of the racers or crew members buy beer at the races?  Pretty close to none, maybe?
2.  How many of the racers are drinking beer during the races?  I'll bet your guy doesn't.

I'm guessing recognizing humor/sarcasm online is not one of your strong points. I'll try laying it on a bit thicker next time, lol... crazy.gif

Far as what goes on the races, common sense tells me there is none going on of what you describe, but I honestly couldn't tell ya because I don't go to the races, so I'd never be around to see it even if it were. Wanna guess why that is? Cuz it costs too much, lol! bling.gif :smile28:

jimsplace

Devilman said:
jimsplace said:
I can't help but laugh.

I'm guessing recognizing humor/sarcasm online is not one of your strong points. I'll try laying it on a bit thicker next time, lol... crazy.gif

Far as what goes on the races, common sense tells me there is none going on of what you describe, but I honestly couldn't tell ya because I don't go to the races, so I'd never be around to see it even if it were. Wanna guess why that is? Cuz it costs too much, lol! bling.gif :smile28:

Oh well,    clap.gif

Devilman

jimsplace said:
Oh well,    clap.gif

Haha, just messin with ya man... but the rest of my questions comments were legit, I really was wondering how it all worked. :smile14:

jimsplace

Devilman said:
jimsplace said:
Oh well,    clap.gif

Haha, just messin with ya man... but the rest of my questions comments were legit, I really was wondering how it all worked. :smile14:

It wasn't that long ago the spectator fees were much less, but even though they are higher it's still pretty cheap entertainment for a day or weekend.

It'll cost more to eat a meal out, if the place has table clothes.
    :smile17:

whitetrash148

Low and behold, just saw a post on facebook, lucass and Marble Falls could not reach an agreerment after lucass demanded much more $$$$ , Marble Falls cancelled, according to Chamber of Commerce article in news paper. Like I said , tryng to get out of boat business. I believe I've had enough of lucass.  Comments

farmo83

Are there going to be any races left to collect these purses ? I guess Lucas just increased their demands so much it wasn't worth it. I can't imagine marble falls not wanting this event as itsso much business for the town. Sad day for sure dad and I have gone to the races since I was a little kid.

Devilman

Yeah, that's crazy. Wife showed me the article this morning.

"After 26 years, the LakeFest drag boat races appear to have come to a close."

https://www.dailytrib.com/2018/02/16/marble-falls-lakefest-drag-boat-races-canceled/

TexasJet

:smile18: Bummer!!!! We've been going steadily for over 15 years. I have a shirt from 1995, my first year.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well if Ken Dollar just retired, then Lucas should have more money to work with. The writing is on the wall here guys. I wonder how much smaller the boat pit area is going to be in Wheatland this year. Heaven forbid if they actually hold an offroad race during the boat weekend!  :smile20:

whitetrash148

I will NOT be driving to Either Wheatland and pay $250 entry, $250 motel, $250 gas , $250 beer and eats to try and win $500 in RR. Pheonix and San Angelo is a no also. Yall have fun.

FL350

Administrator
This Friday I guess we’ll find out if the SDBA will have any money for the circle boats...

Disturbed

whitetrash148 said:
Low and behold, just saw a post on facebook, lucass and Marble Falls could not reach an agreerment after lucass demanded much more $$$$ , Marble Falls cancelled, according to Chamber of Commerce article in news paper. Like I said , tryng to get out of boat business. I believe I've had enough of lucass.  Comments

It has been entertaining watching the comments over on FB.  The racers that have "LUCAS" on the sides of their boat are the only ones saying its going to be alright.  IMO, it's time to circle the wagons and really support SDBA and have a REAL discussion at the annual membership meeting. 

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
The comments have been interesting. I guess you have to defend who pays your salary! crazy.gif

Disturbed

I definitely think it's time for someone to use their head at the top of one of these associations.  I just can't believe there's not a national event held anywhere close to a major metropolitan area other than Phoenix, AZ.  TWO are held in the middle of absolute nowhere Missouri!  Between DFW and the Houston area, there's over 12 MILLION people!  If any of those people want to see a TFH they would have to drive over 4 hours one way from DFW or over 6 hours from Houston to San Angelo.  Not to mention the other heavily populated areas around San Antonio which are closer but, the average Joe isn't going to go check out something for the first time that far away.  I know we race where we can but, why not at least show some interest and acknowledge that we NEED better venues.