73 Sanger Flat

link to it
Is this up or down from last year ??

`

Attachments

• Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series - Purse Payouts.html
    47.1 KB · Views: 21

whitetrash148

All class payouts are listed on lucass web site. The class that I'am familiar with and the one that most of the racers begin in, River Racer- last year 1st place paid $1,000-2nd  $600 Semis $100-(to the two who did not advance).  In my experience it cost approx. $1000 per race and if you were good (lucky) enough to win you might break even. Seems to me lucass is trying to discourage racers not encourage. Also while on the subject lucass waited till after the world finals to tell the Racers, no rings for hi points champs, jackets instead and they were generic-no name , no class nothing but a bunch of lucass sponsers  on the jacket.  Comments

FL350

Administrator
Yeah those jackets from lucass were a joke. Looks like they got em from the company store. I guess we'll find out if the circle boats will be returning to the SDBA on the 24th.

Disturbed

SDBA announced their payout.

Here it is !!!
SDBA 2018 PURSE
All Class Payouts are based on a Full Boat field
TAH TAF/J
Win $5,600.00 Win $5,600.00
RU $2,400.00 RU $2,400.00
Total $8,000.00 Total $8,000.00

PO PM
Win $5,110.00 Win $5,110.00
RU $2,190.00 RU $2,190.00
Total $7,300.00 Total $7,300.00

QE PE
Win $2,625.00 Win $2,625.00
RU $1,125.00 RU $1,125.00
Total $3,750.00 Total $3,750.00

TE ME
Win $2,100.00 Win $1,575.00
RU $900.00 RU $675.00
Total $3,000.00 Total $2,250.00

SE RR
Win $1,260.00 Win $1,050.00
RU $540.00 RU $450.00
Total $1,800.00 Total $1,500.00

PWC
Win $315.00
RU $135.00
Total $450.00

whitetrash148

From the looks of the lucass payout it tells me their trying to get out of the drag boat business. Not paying much prize $ is a real good way. Also the way I read the lucass website post there is no more sponsorship money. Not that I was getting any of that.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
whitetrash148 said:
From the looks of the lucass payout it tells me their trying to get out of the drag boat business. Not paying much prize $ is a real good way. Also the way I read the lucass website post there is no more sponsorship money. Not that I was getting any of that.

I agree with you! Their actions don't match what they are saying. Doesn't feel like they are excited about drag boats at all! think.gif think.gif

Devilman

I notice the payouts are dependent on a full field, is there a documented number as to what constitutes as a full field? How bad does the payout suffer if there is not a full field, just depends on the boat count I guess? It seems that unless you just have deep pockets, there comes a point when its just not worth it & folks throw in the towel. People doing it for the fun/excitement/camaraderie, etc...will keep doing it but they will suffer as well. Seems like the outfits putting these races on would get that, it doesn't seem hard to figure out. I dunno though, just an outsider's musings on the subject.

Maybe if the beer prices were cheaper, people would have more money to put towards racing. :smile28:

Disturbed

Devilman said:
I notice the payouts are dependent on a full field, is there a documented number as to what constitutes as a full field? How bad does the payout suffer if there is not a full field, just depends on the boat count I guess? It seems that unless you just have deep pockets, there comes a point when its just not worth it & folks throw in the towel. People doing it for the fun/excitement/camaraderie, etc...will keep doing it but they will suffer as well. Seems like the outfits putting these races on would get that, it doesn't seem hard to figure out. I dunno though, just an outsider's musings on the subject.

Maybe if the beer prices were cheaper, people would have more money to put towards racing. :smile28:
The word on the street is that 4 boats are considered to be a full field.  crazy.gif 

Hopefully, this will get confirmed or denied next weekend at the annual SDBA meeting.

Devilman

DISTURBED said:
The word on the street is that 4 boats are considered to be a full field.  crazy.gif 

Hopefully, this will get confirmed or denied next weekend at the annual SDBA meeting.

I gotcha. So that is how it works though right... say if 4 is the the number... if 4 don't commit, the purse is still divvied up between the ones that show.

Disturbed

Devilman said:
DISTURBED said:

I gotcha. So that is how it works though right... say if 4 is the the number... if 4 don't commit, the purse is still divvied up between the ones that show.

No idea.  I think PE is the only class that consistently has less than 4 boats.  Most other classes probably average around 12.  Except for some of the Pro classes at the smaller races.

farmo83

It seems to be just be a cycle. It seems the events are less attended/being cancelled so the pay outs are cut, which leads to fewer boats, which leads to fewer fans, which leads to fewer dollars, etc.

Devilman

DISTURBED said:
No idea.  I think PE is the only class that consistently has less than 4 boats.  Most other classes probably average around 12.  Except for some of the Pro classes at the smaller races.

Copy that. Is that class above ya'll or below? Maybe ya'll should switch, help that class out. :smile16: