liberator 21 repaint

liberator21

doing a repaint with black red and silver.also have lighning headers custom make some water jacket headers so in can cover most of the motor compartment and maybe get some ins.this year.wish me luck on how it will look.i will put a pic. on the desing im kinda going by

Devilman

That's gonna look pretty sweet, man.... Keep us posted on the progress, with pics, if possible.... :smile15:

liberator21

thanks.i need to go back and fix a few lines.this is hard to do.i been painting 30 yrs.it wont be perfect but who can see it running across the lake .........huh

liberator21

im thinking of changing the red and silver to a brite pastel green to clean up my lines and make it more simple and bold....what u think

liberator21

im painting the dash black now and doing the bezels in green.then i will repaint all the white and clear all of it at once and then start on the sides.and then put on new headers and make a motor cover.....if i dont die first

Sweet Addiction

Rock on man, Rock on!!  Can't wait to see it Memorial Day Weekend.  If your going to Cedar Creek?
Keep up the good work.

:smile15:

liberator21 said:
im painting the dash black now and doing the bezels in green.then i will repaint all the white and clear all of it at once and then start on the sides.and then put on new headers and make a motor cover.....if i dont die first

liberator21

i got one side striped.no clear yet and got the new lightning water jacket headers in.still have a long way to go and not much time to work on it

Sweet Addiction

Looking Good!  What motor are you running now?  When you get done put some elbow grease into those rocker covers.  They need a little TLC.

liberator21 said:
i got one side striped.no clear yet and got the new lightning water jacket headers in.still have a long way to go and not much time to work on it

liberator21

YEP.IM LOOKING FOR SOME MORE COVERS.THESE ARE TO HARD TO KEEP.MY OTHER HEADERS LEAKED AND REALY MESSED THEM UP.I HAVE A LOT OF DETAIL WORK TO DO WHEN IM DONE WITH THE PAINT.TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO COVER MOST OF THE MOTOR AND STILL LOOK GOOD

liberator21

RUNNING A 454 PUTTING OUT ABOUT 500 HP.HAS LATE  HEADS 502 HEADS.CLOSE TO THE 509 BUT DONT HAVE THE BALLS IT HAD.IT WILL STILL RUD 91 MPH ON GOOD WATER WITH A 28 P PROP

Sweet Addiction

Thats plenty for that boat.  Sweet, Can't wait to see it.  You going to detail the motor much?  Or just cover it up?

liberator21 said:
RUNNING A 454 PUTTING OUT ABOUT 500 HP.HAS LATE  HEADS 502 HEADS.CLOSE TO THE 509 BUT DONT HAVE THE BALLS IT HAD.IT WILL STILL RUD 91 MPH ON GOOD WATER WITH A 28 P PROP

Devilman

Man, it is really looking good, I like the green. Gonna look killer sittin on the water. :smile15:

Sweet Addiction

Mike does some killer paint work also.  There is an older model Checkmate running Cedar Creek he did the top deck on last year and it looked clean!

Devilman said:
Man, it is really looking good, I like the green. Gonna look killer sittin on the water. :smile15:

liberator21

I GOT THE SIDES DONE TODAY.NOW ALL I NEED IS SOME MORE MONEY FOR THE RUB RAIL AND HAVING IT REWIRED.THEN THE TRAILER GETS REDONE IF IT DOSNT WARM UP TO MUCH BY THEN...HEY WE NEED SOME RAIN OR WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A LOT OF PROJECT TIME THIS YEAR