Lake Travis Poker Run This Weekend

customtouch

I may not have had as much fun as Patch did working on Lucky Draw, but it was an awesome time driving for my buddy in his 10 meter Fountain Executioner while he throttled. It is a rush to drive for someone that has as much offshore racing experience as him and he loves to run his boats HARD!! We put 112 miles on his boat and almost ALL of it was at WOT regardless of the water conditions & it was pretty rough. I have never spent so much time in the air on a boat in my life but never did it feel out of control. The guy has got a lot of talent and two nation championships to prove it. There was a good turnout (about 65-70 boats) and it was pretty well organized with a live band, food and free margarita's. The last stop and party was at what used to be Carlos & Charles but it just opened up under a new name. Only took a few pics with the cell phone but here are a few.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    608.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30

customtouch

Last of them.  The last one is one of the four boats that were out that I painted.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess we need to get the Lucky Crew, and attend one of these! Call it a weekend of R&R. :smile17: :smile17: :smile17:

customtouch

DISTURBED said:
That water looks pretty smooth in the pics.

Yea, the pictures were all taken in coves or way up the river where it was calm but it is a whole different story in the main body. Just ask Henry what it gets like. :grin:

Disturbed

customtouch said:
DISTURBED said:
That water looks pretty smooth in the pics.

Yea, the pictures were all taken in coves or way up the river where it was calm but it is a whole different story in the main body. Just ask Henry what it gets like. :grin:

Any accessible boat ramps in those coves?

customtouch

Now that the lake is full there are lots of places to launch way up the river which is where you would want to go if you plan on bringing up the Kurtis. Water is not as clear but definatly smoother. If Henry and Steve bring their boats you can always ride with us if you guys want to run the main body.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Now that the lake is full there are lots of places to launch way up the river which is where you would want to go if you plan on bringing up the Kurtis. Water is not as clear but definatly smoother. If Henry and Steve bring their boats you can always ride with us if you guys wants to run the main body.
There are always empty seats somewhere! :smile17: clap.gif clap.gif

customtouch

Patchman said:
customtouch said:
Now that the lake is full there are lots of places to launch way up the river which is where you would want to go if you plan on bringing up the Kurtis. Water is not as clear but definatly smoother. If Henry and Steve bring their boats you can always ride with us if you guys wants to run the main body.

Yes sir!!!  :smile30: :smile17:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
customtouch said:

As long as they're in your boat.  I've wanted to jump out of Henry's before.......  :smile26:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:
customtouch said:

As long as they're in your boat.  I've wanted to jump out of Henry's before.......  :smile26:
I know, the one ride I had with Knotty was the most embarrassing boat ride of my life. crazy.gif

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:
customtouch said:

I know, the one ride I had with Knotty was the most embarrassing boat ride of my life. crazy.gif

There's another time that I rode with him and he swore his boat was fast..... 

Not so much.  :smile29:

customtouch

I don't know anything about that but I would be happy to trade boats with Patch for a run around the lake if you come up!! His is much more fun to drive than mine!! :smile30: :grin: