LAKE SOMERVILLE

TexasJet

Saturday morning Black and I launched around 8:30. We didn't have to wait in line. The turn around area is still flooded and makes launching take longer. By 3 pm the line to launch was about one hour. There was a line all day, even at 9 pm when we put our boats on the trailer. Welch launch ramp is now open. I will use it next weekend. The weather was perfect Saturday but a little breezy Sunday. Lake is 7.5' over full.

TexasJet

They finally got the lake down to full pool. Saturday was a "unicorn day" to quote Mike. The weather was perfect as was the water. There were a few jet boats out on the lake. My daughter was down from the Dallas area for the weekend and she wanted to go to the lake. It was probably the last time this year all the conditions were perfect for a day on the water. A cold front is coming in next Saturday with North winds to 20 mph and high of 75.

Attachments

• 20191005_222303.jpg
    20191005_222303.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 20191005_181613.jpg
    20191005_181613.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 208

Devilman

Sounds like a great day indeed. clap.gif  Weather has been pretty awesome for boating around here lately but just haven't been been able to get out there again yet. Kinda ready for fall and some cooler weather, but sure sux thinking summer boating is coming to an end. :tongue:

TexasJet

Weather here is going to hell Friday. Cold front and north winds to 20 for Saturday. Maybe nicer Sunday.

Devilman

Probably so? Forecast for around here shows it to be back in the 80s-90s by Sunday and Monday. But you know how that can go.

Where is Oldbuck, doesn't seem right to be talking about the weather without him throwing his 2 cents in. :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Devilman said:
Probably so? Forecast for around here shows it to be back in the 80s-90s by Sunday and Monday. But you know how that can go.

Where is Oldbuck, doesn't seem right to be talking about the weather without him throwing his 2 cents in. :smile16:
I know, I feel like we have lost our weather guy! :smile18:

Devilman

Lost a bunch of folks.  :smile25: Maybe the season ending will bring some back. More time to talk and what not when the weather ain't great. :smile14:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:

Figured I would let a cold front slip up on you guys lol Weather has been crazy for sure up here. I was in the pool last week and now pool temp says 68,,little chilly for me. So far we have seen 34 for a low and that was this past Saturday morning bout 7 AM and their saying back up to mid 80's this week!

Devilman

oldbuck40 said:
Figured I would let a cold front slip up on you guys lol Weather has been crazy for sure up here. I was in the pool last week and now pool temp says 68,,little chilly for me. So far we have seen 34 for a low and that was this past Saturday morning bout 7 AM and their saying back up to mid 80's this week!

Haha, it slipped up on us & then kept on moving. Crazy is right, it was mid 50s overnight & into the morning... by the afternoon back into the high 80s... crazy.gif We still have some high 80s/low 90s predicted for the next week or so, then may start dropping off a little.

How you been doing, still busy as hell?

oldbuck40

Oh yea still busy! Been waiting on some new machinery to show up that will hopefully speed us up some. Just cant seem to get ahead.

Devilman

Damn, hope ya'll get it squared away soon, getting to be about that time to be goin to the ranch ain't it. :smile17:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
Damn, hope ya'll get it squared away soon, getting to be about that time to be goin to the ranch ain't it. :smile17:
Yes sir it is,and im ready to go back. I was just out there the 4th to the 8th and got my food plots plowed and planted and I been seeing they have been getting rain on them finaly. Hopefully they will green up some by November?

Devilman

I imagine so... we're ready to go somewhere, but timing ain't quite right yet. Soon though, hopefully.

TexasJet

Looks like this Saturday, the 19th, is going to be perfect for boating. It will be my last trip before heading to Arizona for a month. I hope to see some folks out on the lake Saturday.