Just Over The Border

JPT

Nice ride. I'm located just across the border in vidor tx.  We go out to the neches river in bmt alot.  Going to the san jac on the 30th to check it out

vdrivenman

snake island on rayburn out of twin dikes park & Texas island on toledeo are both close.less than 4 hours away.  there is a thread in this section on how to find Texas island.  then there is beer can alley on the neches river  just down from in10. 

i live near ya, between vidor and orange, right off i-10 just let me know when ya want to go out, i havent been on the neches in years, but i bet we both could follow JPT and he could show us where to go. sam rayburn is relly nice, we usually go afternoon on sundays, and put in at twin dykes campground, rattlesnake island is right there, and that is where you will usually find us. san jac is okay till it gets too salty in the summertime,  also if ya need help just let me know.

nick

I run the Neches every chance I get , but with a newborn its kinda rough. We put in in rose city and run over to beer can alley of right across from the yacht club.
JPT next time you go out let me know and mabe we can meet up. Where do you normally run on the river?

JPT

Will do nick. And same goes for you other guys.  I usually put in on the north side of the salt water barrier, in north vidor, the water is very clean. But with all the rain and the water being let out of Rayburn, there's more debris floating around. I will put in at the Beaumont yacht club but the water on that side of barrier gets nastier the further south you go, chem plants etc.

I'll be at the san jac this sat tho to hangout and see what its like over there

JPT said:
Will do nick. And same goes for you other guys.  I usually put in on the north side of the salt water barrier, in north vidor, the water is very clean. But with all the rain and the water being let out of Rayburn, there's more debris floating around. I will put in at the Beaumont yacht club but the water on that side of barrier gets nastier the further south you go, chem plants etc.

I'll be at the san jac this sat tho to hangout and see what its like over there

which ramp do you use?

JPT

The "Confluence" public ramp down Four Oaks Ranch road.  There is another one directly across the river on the Bmt side at the barrier that is much nicer, but it's a longer drive.

vdrivenman

there is a privately owned ramp on lakeview road.take 1131 to lakeview rd turn left off 1131  follow it down to where it looks like ends but turns right to go to the sandbar. look straight ahead u will see a blue camp house.  old man who lives there has a private launch. we use it anytime we are north of the barrier. he only charges a couple bucks and your vehicles are safe & secure

JPT

Yes sir, I've been to that ramp many times with friends in their aluminum boats but have never launched my boat there. My friends refer to that place as "Moores", not sure why tho.