J# Cub

77Jet Star

My J3 Cub project 9 foot wing span 26cc engine I'm putting it on floats hope to bring it to Plowmans ought to be a hoot.

:smile17:

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    338 KB · Views: 199

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I like the comparison shot to a miller lite can! :smile30: I need to fly that one! :smile26:

hellnback

great planes to fly I've had a 1/4 and 1/3 scale before and loved 'em. at the time my 1/3 scale was biggest plane at my club and only had a 120 4 stroke was slow but flew realistically need lots of rudder with it.

77Jet Star

Yes you cant be lazy on the rudder with these Cubs.This one is a Hanger 9 106"wing span 68" inches long 26 cc Zenoah gas engine I have a Spectrum 2.4 Radio in it.I have all the eletronics in it with an adittional 2400 miah batttery pack for the electronic ignition.I put all the windows and winshield in it tonight.Next step is the wing servos and struts.I hope to fly it this week end on the wheels then put the floats on it for Plowmans.If anyone is thinking about this kit I recomend it everything is top shelf and goes together without any surprises.I did get my nitro heli trimmed out this weekend and flew about a gallon of fuel threw it.Anyway I might even bring my family boat to Plowmans as well.LOL

Attachments

• j3 cub on bench.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 130

KONA77

JETSTAR said:
Yes you cant be lazy on the rudder with these Cubs.This one is a Hanger 9 106"wing span 68" inches long 26 cc Zenoah gas engine I have a Spectrum 2.4 Radio in it.I have all the eletronics in it with an adittional 2400 miah batttery pack for the electronic ignition.I put all the windows and winshield in it tonight.Next step is the wing servos and struts.I hope to fly it this week end on the wheels then put the floats on it for Plowmans.If anyone is thinking about this kit I recomend it everything is top shelf and goes together without any surprises.I did get my nitro heli trimmed out this weekend and flew about a gallon of fuel threw it.Anyway I might even bring my family boat to Plowmans as well.LOL

sounds great, but don't go blowing anyones shirts off  :smile17:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good! Can't wait to see it in person. Make sure you have plenty of up elevator! :smile30:

77Jet Star

Patchman said:
Looks good! Can't wait to see it in person. Make sure you have plenty of up elevator! :smile30:
Speaking of which did you get your elevator fixed?I have been flying at a new spot plenty of short cut grass about 400 ft of take off area are you ready to fly Saturday?????

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I've got to work again this weekend. Bought an exacto kit to fix my crap. When my kit arrived, the knifes where plastic. What the hell? So I bought a new utility knife yesterday. I will get my junk fixed now!

77Jet Star

Patchman said:
I've got to work again this weekend. Bought an exacto kit to fix my crap. When my kit arrived, the knifes where plastic. What the hell? So I bought a new utility knife yesterday. I will get my junk fixed now!
Got plenty of room at the new field.Hope to have the cub out Saturday on the maiden flight  :smile16: