How about a little "Carnival Ride"

73 Sanger Flat

Very Nice .. i think I need to bring my boat up to your place and have you dialed it in for me .. You got your boat hauling a$$..  jump.gif

duanehydro

clap.gif awesome, thanks for the ride, Loren!!

That's how you shoot, edit and post a video, folks....lol

73 Sanger Flat

Loren
Give us some numbers  at 108 what RPM and gears and prop .. what was your prop slip with this prop .. You are doing great .. When do you want me to drop mine off to you so you can dial it in ??.. LOL

Carnivalride

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Loren
Give us some numbers  at 108 what RPM and gears and prop .. what was your prop slip with this prop .. You are doing great .. When do you want me to drop mine off to you so you can dial it in ??.. LOL

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I appreciate it.  :smile27:

In the hi-res video it looks like about 7200rpm, 18 gears, 10-7/8 x 16 round eared prop on that run, slip is figuring about 16%. I'd like to try a couple more props but I have to catch up with some of my Oklahoma friends to do that, not looking like it'll happen this year.

Dial yours in Billy?!?!??!  I believe your faster than I am so that makes you the Guru right?  :smile30:

73 Sanger Flat

I wish Loren . I know who the guru is and it is not me .. Mine might be faster , but that is cause I am pushing a lot of dam HP at it .. I am going to try and put the outside edge of the plates down 1/2 turn before we go out and test soon and see if that helps ...

Your boat is awsome .. Wish mine would run that on pump gas ..

Devilman

Hondo was gettin with it.... clap.gif jump.gif

Oh & Billy's may be faster, but you post vids & Billy don't, so you are out in front on this one. :grin:

Carnivalride

I wish Loren . I know who the guru is and it is not me .. Mine might be faster , but that is cause I am pushing a lot of dam HP at it .. I am going to try and put the outside edge of the plates down 1/2 turn before we go out and test soon and see if that helps ...

Thanks again Billy you know I've had this boat a few years. lol 

Why are you dropping the outside edges is it rocking at speed or are you trying to affect the launch?

Carnivalride

Devilman said:
Hondo was gettin with it.... clap.gif jump.gif

Oh & Billy's may be faster, but you post vids & Billy don't, so you are out in front on this one. :grin:

Thanks Devilman,

Hey Billy I second that motion that you should post more videos.  :smile17:

customtouch

Carnivalride said:
Did a little testing with my son today and here is one of my test passes. This was one of the 108 mph passes.

BTW this is a pump gas 489 with a mild cam and small heads in a heavy old Hondo.

http://youtu.be/3OL2IAa6woI

Your boat is hauling the mail. Just curious here but when you say small heads do you mean oval port or small square port? Also, do you have any idea of the HP you are generating? I am just trying to get a general idea of where my boat should be.

Carnivalride

customtouch said:
Carnivalride said:
Did a little testing with my son today and here is one of my test passes. This was one of the 108 mph passes.

BTW this is a pump gas 489 with a mild cam and small heads in a heavy old Hondo.

http://youtu.be/3OL2IAa6woI

Your boat is hauling the mail. Just curious here but when you say small heads do you mean oval port or small square port? Also, do you have any idea of the HP you are generating? I am just trying to get a general idea of where my boat should be.

Small rectangle, AFR 305 with some port work but still under 310cc runner. Desk top dyno says 723 at 6500 using the actual flow numbers but I didn't dyno it so who knows?

73 Sanger Flat

Carnivalride said:

Why are you dropping the outside edges is it rocking at speed or are you trying to affect the launch?

I thought it might help with the launch and maybe help with dragging the tail some . I dropped all of the plates down 1/2 turn and that help on the rooster tail , so i thought maybe dropping the outside plates corners down some might help to trap a little more air .. Just trying different things .. I need to do something to stay up with you ..  Maybe I need to drop the outside plated down and not just the outside corner ?  Hell I don't know ..

Kenny - Loren got me beat all the way around .. I am not even going to try and compete with him .. He knows how to post Videos and make a Flat run fast , plus he keeps his boat clean ..

Carnivalride

Carnivalride said:

I thought it might help with the launch and maybe help with dragging the tail some . I dropped all of the plates down 1/2 turn and that help on the rooster tail , so i thought maybe dropping the outside plates corners down some might help to trap a little more air .. Just trying different things .. I need to do something to stay up with you ..  Maybe I need to drop the outside plated down and not just the outside corner ?  Hell I don't know ..

Kenny - Loren got me beat all the way around .. I am not even going to try and compete with him .. He knows how to post Videos and make a Flat run fast , plus he keeps his boat clean ..

LOL, I may have you beat on onboard video posting but you are still faster  :smile30:

However I do have a prop being sent to me to try out so just maybe I can creep it up a little more.  think.gif

Let me know how the adjustment turns out? 

73 Sanger Flat

Looks like I may have to wait another week to find out if the plates seeting helped . The Corp of Engineer parks are closed due to the Government shutdown .. So no testing at Steel Creek for me this weekend ..  :smile18: