HEADIN' WEST AGAIN

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
That prop is crazy looking .. Serious for sure !!!  Sure is a lot of custom rigging on it ..
Something is telling me triple digits no problem. :smile17:

TexasJet

I was second to make a pass. After., I put the boat on the trailer and went to breakfast.  At 10:30 I got on River Dave's 29' Hallet with two 377 scorpions. After all the  boats got  a helo photo run we went to Havasu Springs for lunch. Then went to 3 dunes cove and hung out for 4 hrs. Then back to  The Nautical. I was designated driver so I didn't drink. Driving his boat was a  blast.  Never drove a boat that big. Tomorrow we up river to Pirate's Cove for lunch. Pics soon.

Attachments

• 20171013_103358.mp4
    55.2 MB · Views: 34

TexasJet

Pics from the party Friday nite.

Attachments

• 20171013_191858.jpg
    20171013_191858.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 20171013_192414.jpg
    20171013_192414.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
  • 20171013_212204.jpg
    20171013_212204.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65

TexasJet

Maybe higher. Made it to Pirates's Cove for lunch. On the way back we were running with the wind. Until you get to the part of Havasu that opens up, the water is calm. The lake part which is wide open is another story. We were running 40 in 3 to 4 foot seas. We were running with the wind and that made for a fun ride. Dave's boat handles this very well. We did get airborn a few times. I was not driving. Pics to follow.
Got back to the room for a shower and off to a restaurant in town for dinner then back to the Nautical for more of the same as last night. Band and all.
These people are party animals and Dave knows everybody.

TexasJet

Pics

Attachments

• 20171014_120800.jpg
    20171014_120800.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
  • Somerville 7.20a.jpg
    Somerville 7.20a.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 20171014_165446.jpg
    20171014_165446.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 38
  • Somerville 7.20b.jpg
    Somerville 7.20b.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 38

TexasJet

think.gif Today looks to be another windy one. I'll either trailer down to Parker or maybe check out early. Not sure yet.

TexasJet

Checked out early.  Sitting at Pirate's Den in Parker drinking a bloody Mary trying to decide if I should launch or not. Still windy.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
TexasJet said:
Checked out early.  Sitting at Pirate's Den in Parker drinking a bloody Mary trying to decide if I should launch or not. Still windy.
Decisions decisions! think.gif

TexasJet

The wind died down and it warmed up so I did launch at Pirates Den. Ran up and down for about and hour and headed back to Phoenix. Back in Phoenix now. Will head for home tomorrow.             

This was a combination Monster Storm/River Dave's 10th anni party. The first two pics are the awards banquet Saturday night for the Monster Storm folks. The last pic is at Pirate's Den. It was hard to leave the river Sunday.

Attachments

• 20171014_201958.jpg
    20171014_201958.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20171014_202840.jpg
    20171014_202840.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • 20171015_134943.jpg
    20171015_134943.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 44

TexasJet

Four events in four week ends. When this trip is over I'll have traveled just under 5000 miles. I10 is getting better because they are repaving a lot of the bad spots. I burned about 100+ gallons of VP C12.

Once again I did not meet a single person who wasn't friendly. All great people for sure. I am starting to meet some for the second or third time. I usually try to wear something that identifies me as coming from Texas.

I had heard bad reviews about the Nautical Inn. People were saying the rooms were worn out and old and musty smelling. They must have spent a ton of money on paint, furniture, carpet etc because my room was great.

If you ever get the chance to come out here, do it. You won't be sorry.

Next Spring I'll be back with the Baja. My daughter gets married the end of April.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you had a great time! Thank you as always for documenting your adventure! Some of us really look forward to seeing the pics and reading all about it! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Disturbed

TexasJet said:
The wind died down and it warmed up so I did launch at Pirates Den. Ran up and down for about and hour and headed back to Phoenix. Back in Phoenix now. Will head for home tomorrow.             

This was a combination Monster Storm/River Dave's 10th anni party. The first two pics are the awards banquet Saturday night for the Monster Storm folks. The last pic is at Pirate's Den. It was hard to leave the river Sunday.

If those are Arizona life guards, I'm planning on drowning the next time I'm in Arizona.  :smile14: crazy.gif :smile16:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
TexasJet said:

If those are Arizona life guards, I'm planning on drowning the next time I'm in Arizona.  :smile14: crazy.gif :smile16:
Oh yeah!

Crusader

Man, I absolutely love reading your semi annual reviews and day to day reports of your trips out west. Thank you!

TexasJet

Crusader said:
Man, I absolutely love reading your semi annual reviews and day to day reports of your trips out west. Thank you!

My pleasure. I'm glad you enjoy the thread. There are times I wish I had a camera not just a cell phone. When we were idling thru the gorge (no wake zone) the mountains are spectacular.  In places they come straight down 400' to the water. The blue green water and the red mountains and the cobalt blue sky is really stunning. See the top pic on "reply 49" as an example.