Finally ! but would like some opinions

Disturbed

CarbonMonoxide said:
The bell housing is on there just the way it was designed. You can't mount it any other way. For those that want to second guess, you can't bolt the top two holes into the oil pan. This install is correct. That little hole is an attempt at an inspection hole.

It looks to be a two piece bell housing in the pics.

duanehydro

It appers to me the rear half of the bellhousing(2 piece)has been flipped, Most likely the original bolts worked loose, and ruined the original threads. Quick fix: flip and redrill holes in bellhousing. (I have seen it before)
Now, all the rear weight of the engine is on 2 bolts and the little strap. :smile20: Just a guess.

Becket

CarbonMonoxide said:
The bell housing is on there just the way it was designed. You can't mount it any other way. For those that want to second guess, you can't bolt the top two holes into the oil pan. This install is correct. That little hole is an attempt at an inspection hole.
The tail piece that BOLTS TO the Bell housing, not the entire Bell housing, just the piece that sits on the nose of the pump.

TBendCondor

yes, the strap and 2 bolts are all that is holding the back of the motor up. I will flip that over when I pull the motor.  Already have everything took loose from motor, wires etc.....  Just need a day off now to pull and check back of engine.