DYNO DAY 1

TexasJet

Since is sitting in his shop now, in his way, he will finish everything this week. So he says. Hope to be on the water this weekend.

TexasJet

KONA said:
I thought this was done already :huh:

Ya, it's only been 7 months since we pulled the motor. Like I said, patience. You gotta have a lot of it. The word "schedule" has no meaning to a lot of people in the boating industry. 

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
KONA said:
I thought this was done already :huh:

Ya, it's only been 7 months since we pulled the motor. Like I said, patience. You gotta have a lot of it. The word "schedule" has no meaning to a lot of people in the boating industry.
Well Jeff i can relate,,i used to get mad cause people took so long,but  i totally understand why it takes so long! people change the project along the way,other things come up! And there is only so much time in the day. i was ask here at work why i just didnt go to the parts store and buy the stuff i need? LOL well most of it is hand made,not like you can just go pick it up. crazy.gif Yea it takes a crazy amount of time,,,but your ride is gonna be way worth it my friend!

TexasJet

You are correct, it's the extras that come up along the way that end up taking so much extra time, and $$$$$$. Joe figured all the water and oil lines were to small for this size motor. Sooo, all new fittings and stainless hose. Cha-ching!!!!!

You really can't build something like this on a budget. It just seems to grow and grow. It's the reason I keep working and not retire.

Talked to him this morning, wiring is done. Working on the plumbing. I know he wants it out of his shop.

It will be interesting to see what the final price is on this project.

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
You are correct, it's the extras that come up along the way that end up taking so much extra time, and $$$$$$. Joe figured all the water and oil lines were to small for this size motor. Sooo, all new fittings and stainless hose. Cha-ching!!!!!

You really can't build something like this on a budget. It just seems to grow and grow. It's the reason I keep working and not retire.

Talked to him this morning, wiring is done. Working on the plumbing. I know he wants it out of his shop.

You may not ever want to total everything up,,might be a little  :smile26:  hahaha

jimsplace

oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:

You may not ever want to total everything up,,might be a little  :smile26:  hahaha

If you ever really want to know, ask the wife if you have one, she'll know.
  :smile17:

oldbuck40

jimsplace said:
oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:

If you ever really want to know, ask the wife if you have one, she'll know.
Oh yea and it will be right down to the penny! :smile30:

jimsplace

[/quote]Oh yea and it will be right down to the penny! :smile30:
[/quote]

This is a true story.

My wife and I was once talking to some people that my wife worked with, and they knew I was working on the boat.
One of them said, "How much did it cost to build an engine like that"?
I gave them a number that I thought was about right.
My wife quickly said, "you've got more than that in it."

The morel of this story -- "THE WIVES KNOW MORE THAN WE THINK THEY KNOW"

TexasJet

As of last night: Electrical problem, no spark to plugs.

As of this morning: Problem fixed. Fire up motor, check timing, look for leaks.

Then: Lift motor and install flywheel cover and Ujoint.  hurry.gif

Probably pick it up tonight.  jump.gif

Devilman

I notice you say "probably". :grin: Keep my fingers crossed for ya, hope you get to test it out this weekend like you want to. :smile17:

TexasJet

I know he has a dyno session this morning planned. I'm not a betting man but if I was to bet I'd go with me being over there all day Saturday helping finish up. Hit the lake Sunday. You just gotta roll with it, whatever it is.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
TexasJet said:
I know he has a dyno session this morning planned. I'm not a betting man but if I was to bet I'd go with me being over there all day Saturday helping finish up. Hit the lake Sunday. You just gotta roll with it, whatever it is.
Yes sir! :smile16:

TexasJet

IT'S ALIVE!!!!! NASTY BOY is up and running.  jump.gif OMG!!!!!!!! It is so much quicker than the old motor. And LOUDER, like past 4000 rpm I need ear plugs. I'm serious. I have the slip in high po silencers and they work up until 4000 rpm. After that it gets loud enough to hurt. I went to Somerville yesterday. Kuntz, Mike and a few others showed up with their boats. Black was there also.

Nasty Boy ran flawlessly. We just had to set the timing and adjust the fuel pressure. Ran great all day. What a blower surge, 900rpm then surge up to 2000, then back to 900. Over and over. You can feel the boat lunge when it surges to 2000 rpm.

All in all it was a perfect day. Can't wait for Bay City and Jet Fest.

oldbuck40

Duanehydro said:
That's awesome, Jeff, congrats!!! now, be careful. :smile16:
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif No kidding on the being careful!  jeff you probably should leave the brick under the hot foot till you get comfortable with it! :grin: