DYNO DAY 1

TexasJet

We got a late start, so we only made 4 or 5 pulls.

To get a base line we started with 27 deg timing. Carb jets 93 square. Pulleys, one to one = 5 lbs of boost. 4500 rpm max.

Last pull was 27 deg. 93 square, 8 lbs of boost. Dyno locked at 5500 rpm max.

Results as follows: 927 HP. Running rich.

Monday: More timing, probably up to 30 deg. smaller jets. 12 lbs boost and let the rpms run.

I want to hold the rpms to around 6500 but Joe says this engine will make more power way past that rpm.

Attachments

• 0321141321.jpg
    0321141321.jpg
    498.6 KB · Views: 212

TexasJet

Thanks guys. We now know what pulleys to use if I want to drop back to 93 octane. For this summer I'm going to run 108 fuel.

A dyno session goes very slow. One pull, analyze data, make one change. This process could take 30 minutes. The dyno pull itself takes 10 to 15 seconds max.

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
FL350 said:
What c.i. is it?

540 ci
Put ya a 7k chip in it add more air and more fuel and hold on!  Wasnt that what the purpose of tearing down a perfectly good engine to start with,,,so you could go faster! Your the big dog get off the porch!  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

KONA77

oldbuck40 said:
TexasJet said:
FL350 said:
What c.i. is it?

540 ci
Put ya a 7k chip in it add more air and more fuel and hold on!  Wasnt that what the purpose of tearing down a perfectly good engine to start with,,,so you could go faster! Your the big dog get off the porch!  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

so what you're saying here is,  his bark is worse than his bite...  :laugh:

TexasJet

think.gif Time will tell who's the big dog. Hell, I'm just tryin' to keep up. I got my ass handed to me at Tawakoni.

DYNO TODAY per Joe at Owens. More news as it developes.

The new motor was a gift to me from me as an incentive to keep working and not retire. It's working!!!  :smile28:

oldbuck40

TexasJet said:
think.gif Time will tell who's the big dog. Hell, I'm just tryin' to keep up. I got my A$$ handed to me at Tawakoni.

DYNO TODAY per Joe at Owens. More news as it developes.

The new motor was a gift to me from me as an incentive to keep working and not retire. It's working!!!  :smile28:
LOL well you do know for sure the faster you go the more $$$$ it takes!  Glad to see it coming together for ya!