does anybody know how to hook a transmission up in a vdrive?

jdeaton

I'm sorry Randall, I didn't read the whole question, Just got up and am having my first cup of Coffee.  I don't know about auto transmissions in a boat, just lenco's.  Try Greg Shoemaker's web site, he's very knowledgebale.

73 Sanger Flat

DiamondJim said:
I'm sorry Randall, I didn't read the whole question, Just got up and am having my first cup of Coffee.  I don't know about auto transmissions in a boat, just lenco's.  Try Greg Shoemaker's web site, he's very knowledgebale.

No convertor , it just a plate that connect the input shaft to the tranmission , look kind of like a clutch plate .. Look in Rex marine and you will find it .. You will need the input shaft also

duanehydro

14193converter-delete.jpg

this is what I was gonna use.

Yeah! when you set the motor and trany in at the same time you hook the yoke from the drive shaft  to the trany then the opposite end of the drive shaft to the casale! Bam your done! Dont forget the motor and trany bolts! :smile16:

Mikes 101! :smile28:

No really the part duane has is a good piece and simple! But they do sale others like for the big boats but that gets complicated! And not sure it will work with what your doing! I was going to put one in my v-drive also!

Shrek

Randall,
Put a 700 R 4 in it, Overdrive would let you cruise at 80 mph and get 14 miles per gallon.

73 Sanger Flat

put a T -400 in it , locked out first gear  and remove the park detent so you do not have Park that would kill you if it went into while runing fast ..