Crusader Project

jdeaton

If it makes you feel any better, I hurt my new Ford last weekend at Somerville.  It's at Mikes being looked at.  I might be doing the same thing as you did last week. whatever.gif

Crusader

DiamondJim said:
If it makes you feel any better, I hurt my new Ford last weekend at Somerville.  It's at Mikes being looked at.  I might be doing the same thing as you did last week. whatever.gif

Ouch!!

The thing is, with my tore up Ford (oil blowing out of the valve covers and good compression on only four cylinders) I was still a me to hit 50mph. Lol.

Hope to hit 51mph with all eight firing!!

Fords are tough!!

blazeracer

Knotty said:
veestyle said:
Good job guys, i'll bring my gps on wed. jump.gif

GPS's should be in the bottom of the lake, they just hurt feelings.  think.gif

Naaa, hurt feelings are when I run a guy with an Ebay 75 mph boat and beat him with my 60 mph GPS'd boat. LOVE IT!!

Crusader

I went out and started the Crusader last night.....with a cold engine, I barely hit the key and that baby fired right off and idled like it's never have before.....Can't wait to run this thing on the water!

Crusader

Patchman said:
Sweet! Sounds like it is ready! :smile16:

Man, I hope so...she's never ran this smoothly on the trailer before (since I've owned her). Of course on top of my motor issues, I had ignition issues too...which were resolved with the installation of a new DUI HEI dizzy....Marine 7000 model. 50,000 volts of energy shooting right into the plugs!

Crusader

blazeracer said:
Ready to send a push rod through one of his gay a$$ valve covers....

Just messing with you Cliff. It'll run great!

Lol....gay a$$ valve covers are right.....still have YELLOW on them!

Crusader

UPDATE:

As y'all know, I "Blowed up" my motor at Tawak in July due to a remote oil filter line popping off. Well I pulled the motor last weekend and today, dropped off the block, crank and pistons at Blaine's Motor supply in Dallas. I'm having them inspect, hone and assemble prep the block, and have them grind the crank .030, it's currently ground .020. Then a new set of bearings, new rings, and a set of gaskets and she should be good to go. Oh...the remote oil filter setup will receive new hoses and fasteners from Host Fast in Garland.

My hopes are that I'll get the motor back next Wednesday, with assemble over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get it back into the boat by September 28 weekend.

EDIT:

You can tell in picture #2 that the rod journals look pretty scarred up. Sean at Blaines said that's more than likely the bearing and not the crank itself.

Crusader

Wow, talk about fast!! The machine shop called at 2pm and said my engine is ready!! The prepped the block and ground the crank .030. I could have picked the motor up today and be on the water this Sunday!!

Not gonna happen though. Ill pick it up next week and take my time building it. It'll be back on the water in two weeks or so.