camping spots on canyon lake

jimmyray0682

im trying to find a good place to camp on canyon lake. i would like a place that has a beach to park on and that has spots on or near the beach. ive been told potters was good are there any others?

Red Horse

Potters creek would work for you. Most the land around the lake is private, so get there early to save your spot. There isnt much protection from the waves there and Canyon can get real choppy!

jimmyray0682

yeah after looking online potters creek seems to be the only place on the lake. i was wondering how rough canyon lake got? if it is to rough ill make plans to go someplace else.

Red Horse

There are places out there to go. If you anchor bow out it should not be that bad. Up the river is jet boat perfect as long as there has not been a good rain. Too much debris in the river. I have taken my 21 foot Sea Ray almost to Rebecca Creek road with 30 foot deep water most of the way. Canyon is a nice lake you just have to look for that "spot". :smiley:

duanehydro

I have to threadjack here for a second, and say: how the hell are ya, Redhorse? Been a while! :smile16:

jimmyray0682

allright cool definatly gonna check out potters creek. been wanting to go there for a minute but as soon as i fix one thing on my boat something else breaks.

duanehydro

jimmyray0682 said:
allright cool definatly gonna check out potters creek. been wanting to go there for a minute but as soon as i fix one thing on my boat something else breaks.

Ain't that the way it's supposed to be? :cheesy:

jimmyray0682

Duanehydro said:
jimmyray0682 said:

Ain't that the way it's supposed to be? :cheesy:

well i would like to at least get one good weekend out of it before something else goes wrong.

Red Horse

coolglastron said:
Duanehydro said:
I have to threadjack here for a second, and say: how the hell are ya, Redhorse? Been a while! :smile16:

No sh*t!  How you been?

Well, not to take away from the camping thread...pretty good. Lots have changed. I am now retired from the Air Force and work for Bexar County. We just moved into our new home in North San Antonio and I have a little girl now. She is a little over 9 months old. Plus I have another boat as well! I have a 2007 210 Sea Ray Select. This aint your normal Sea Ray. Check out my Facebook page and look and listen to the video of it. I still have the jet boat. I cant give that up!!
We will be out at the lake plenty the coming year! Mostly Canyon but also LBJ and some Travis.
Ken :smile30:

KONA77

was wanting to go back to Canyon Lake this summer was to busy going everywhere else..... Sleek460 and Texasjet go all the time,  they can tell ya where all the peeps go,.....

jimmyray0682

yeah im going this year. i dont care if i have to steal someone elses motor and pump my boat will be at that lake. :smile17:

KONA77

was up there once a few years back,  holiday weekend and all didn't know where to go  or  where to be,  next trip will be with friends that can show where the nice water is  :smile27:

jimmyray0682

KONA77 said:
was up there once a few years back,  holiday weekend and all didn't know where to go  or  where to be,  next trip will be with friends that can show where the nice water is  :smile27:

yeah thats why im trying to research it now before i make any plans. im going the last week in june.

KONA77

jimmyray0682 said:
KONA77 said:

yeah thats why im trying to research it now before i make any plans. im going the last week in june.

post up and maybe some of the local peeps and i can join ya up there and make a day of it  :smile27:

jimmyray0682

no problem when i get some stuff set in stone i post it up. still a ways out but the way i work i have to plan stuff months in advance.

KONA77

jimmyray0682 said:
no problem when i get some stuff set in stone i post it up. still a ways out but the way i work i have to plan stuff months in advance.

don't we all,  everthing i did this summer was planned before spring..... :smile17:

KONA77

jimmyray0682 said:
well after checking out that medina post im deebating on changeing my location.

damn nice place,  haven't made it up there yet,  but is on my list for next year....  :smile17: