Building a T-Deck Sanger

donald g

I have a build post on "Performance Boats" that some of you may be interested in....I am making a T-Deck out of a 1972 Sanger flat using the deck of a junk Hondo!.....As far as I can tell, there was never a T-Deck Sanger flat....Today, I whipped out the old Sawzall and got to work.  I have the Hondo cockpit just sitting in the Sanger and it is fitting pretty good...I am going to finish fitting tomorrow and will be posting more pix..Let's have some comments....thanks, Don.

Attachments

• sanger-t-deck 009.JPG
    sanger-t-deck 009.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 213

spd500

If you can get everything put back together and lined up it will be a really cool project .

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Man I have to admit, there are some guys on here with mad skills and ballz the size of an elephant. I would not attempt something like this in a 100 years. Just sayin! clap.gif Now if it where a car, no problem! :smile16:

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
Man I have to admit, there are some guys on here with mad skills and ballz the size of an elephant. I would not attempt something like this in a 100 years. Just sayin! clap.gif Now if it where a car, no problem! :smile16:
LOL Patch a vehicle is a vehicle.  If it can be done on a car it can be done on a bike, if it can be done on a bike it can be done on a boat, if it can be done on a boat it can be done on a jetski
its all the same just a different media
sure you have to rethink a few things and work with some new materials but its all the same physics

I bet the first people making stretch limos from regular cars where thought to be just as crazy
crazy.gif

I have been modifying my vehicles since I could use them from my BMX bikes to my cars and motorcycles to my boats.

ChryslerJet

Patchman said:
I don't go that far out of the box when it comes to cars though. :smile16:
Just about everything I have ever owned has been either frankensteined by me or at the very least completely rebuilt by me.

donald g

I like building things that are different...been hot rodder since the 50's...just got interested in jet boats and v-drives in the past 3 years...Yes, I can and will make this work...May need stringers but going to try to get by with re-wraping them....I have all the circle boat heavy hardware from the Hondo.  May go snout drive so I can use the right hand Casale with whirlaway.  Buliding a mild 454 (steel crank, forged pop-ups, 049 heads, ?? cam, single Holley, up-swept dragster headers).  I'll keep ya'll posted...thanks, Don.

duanehydro

I think you will like the right hand box...makes for a great river/lake rod.....haul ass past em, turn around, haul ass past em...

ChryslerJet

donald g said:
I like building things that are different...been hot rodder since the 50's...just got interested in jet boats and v-drives in the past 3 years...Yes, I can and will make this work...May need stringers but going to try to get by with re-wraping them....I have all the circle boat heavy hardware from the Hondo.  May go snout drive so I can use the right hand Casale with whirlaway.  Buliding a mild 454 (steel crank, forged pop-ups, 049 heads, ?? cam, single Holley, up-swept dragster headers).  I'll keep ya'll posted...thanks, Don.
I am with you there I think it will be cool as I always say build it the way you want it.  Of course it won't have chit for resale but if your not planning on selling don't worry about it.

jdeaton

Great project, true Hot Rodder blood.  Build it like you want it, and let the others go spit.  I think it's going to be cool. jump.gif

jimsplace

That look to be an ambitious project.  It will certainly get peoples attention that know boats, especially Sangers.  Cool idea, I look forward to seeing it.

donald g

jimsplace said:
That look to be an ambitious project.  It will certainly get peoples attention that know boats, especially Sangers.  Cool idea, I look forward to seeing it.

Well, I am finally rested up from my birthday and spent the day grinding fiberglass and finished fitting the t-deck.  Got it all "figgered" out and will glass it in this week....pix to come...thanks for the positive comments....Don.