Boating tips for new boaters! Something useful for once.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
These have been my findings so far.

Tip #

1. Don't forget the plug and bring a spare (Kona)
2. Don't forget the bow strap
3. Bring lots of tires
4. Have plenty of fuel
5. Bring extra set of keys for boat & for truck if you drink ( Devilman)
6. Bring a rope, in case your friends have Chevy powered jet boat
7. If you run out of seats, coolers are acceptable ( As long as you have bungy cord for seat belt)
8. It's not cool to spray the 4-wheelers hanging out on the beach
9. Even though it can, the bilge pump is not intended to remove urin
10. Just because your boat has a switch that says blower, it won't make you faster
11. Jumping sandbars is considered crazy not cool
12. If you bring food and beer, you will have friends ( even if you are a total a-hole)
13. Goobers? Keep your goobers to yourself! ( Blenderman)
14. If you pass another boat while going down the road, it still counts as a victory
15. If you pass gas in a crowd while in the water, they don't believe it was a bass
16. Keep your shorts on at all times, it's not that kind of crowd
17. If your boat breaks down on the water, don't count on anyone having any tools other than a bottle opener or bic lighter
18. If your boat breaks down on the water, there will be pictures taken of you in tow and probably used against you at some    point in time on this site
19. If you pass-out do to intoxication, you will get wrapped in TeePee
20. Never admit to acts committed with family pets
21. Bring a tube so you can drag everyone's kids around while the adults get drunk. (Parent's need a break sometime and the next thing you know they will be calling you uncle.) ( Uncle Wakemaker)
22. A tank-top is acceptable and even sought after, not known as a (wife beater) in this crowd
23. Be prepared to discover that your 90 MPH boat really only goes 51 MPH. There is no truth in advertising!
24.  Note to FORD owners,  Bring Tools and Battery Chargers, so you can keep your Chevy powered Brothers running (As per Kona!)
25. Friends don't let friends drive Fords! (Horsepower Junkie)
26. Carry all safety devices ( Flotation, Horn, Whistle, and fire extinguisher) on your boat at all times. Those people who chase you in that boat with the lights, have guns and want to see those type of things. ( Uncle Wakemaker)
27. Put your boat in your name, they won't believe you just got here from Arizona.
28. Keep your fingers to yourself.
29. If a fellow boater offers you some free cheese, there will be a trap at the end of your meal! (candygirl)
30 Never set your Jack Bottle on your scoop. You'll be drink'n Fruity drinks with chicks !! (Coonass)
31 When it comes to money, make sure to spend it wisely. All of it goes on the boat!! ("keep your priorities straight" per Horsepowerjunkie)
32. NEVER BE THE FIRST ONE TO PASS OUT IN A CHAIR AT A THB EVENT! (Kenny, Jeremy)

Devilman

Patchman said:

Tip #

1. Don't forget the plug
3. Bring lots of tires
4. Have plenty of fuel
5. Bring extra set of keys for boat and truck
7. If you run out of seats, coolers are acceptable ( As long as you have bungy cord for seat belt)
10. Just because your boat has a switch that says blower, it won't make you faster

#5 ---- fixed  :undecided: :cheesy:

#9 ---- f*kkin WTF?! :huh: lol :grin:

#10 ---- haha, my blower switch is right next to the ignition switch  :wink:

Wakemaker

21. Bring a tube so you can drag everyone's kids around while the adults get drunk. (Parent's need a break sometime and the next thing you know they will be calling you uncle.)

Candygirl

:smile26: what the hell? something useful for a change on here?! lol patchman i agree with all of your findings.  :smile16:

KONA77

Patchman said:
Patchman said:

Tip #

1. Don't forget the plug
3. Bring lots of tires
4. Have plenty of fuel
5. Bring extra set of keys for boat
12. If you bring food and beer, you will have friends ( even if you are a total a-hole)
13. Goobers? Keep your goobers to yourself!
14. If you pass another boat while going down the road, it still counts as a victory
15. If you pass gas in a crowd while in the water, they don't believe it was a bass
17. If your boat breaks down on the water, don't count on anyone having any tools other than a bottle opener or bic lighter
18. If your boat breaks down on the water, there will be pictures taken of you in tow and probably used against you at some    point in time on this site
21. Bring a tube so you can drag everyone's kids around while the adults get drunk. (Parent's need a break sometime and the next thing you know they will be calling you uncle.)
22. A tank-top is acceptable and even sought after, not known as a (wife beater) in this crowd
23. Be prepared to discover that your 90 MPH boat really only goes 51 MPH. There is no truth in advertising!

24.  Note to FORD owners,  Bring Tools and Battery Chargers, so you can keep your Chevy powered Brothers running  :smile26:  did i say that  :smile23:

NotImportant-1

KONA77 said:
Patchman said:
Patchman said:

Tip #

1. Don't forget the plug
3. Bring lots of tires
4. Have plenty of fuel
5. Bring extra set of keys for boat
13. Goobers? Keep your goobers to yourself!

24.  Note to FORD owners,  Bring Tools and Battery Chargers, so you can keep your Chevy powered Brothers running  :smile26:  did i say that  :smile23:

KONA77 said:
just a joke,  do ya think it's a little over board  :undecided:

No way. You're just telling the truth

ROTFLMAO

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
J C Gordon said:
Let the Ford boys have their fun with the keyboard, us Chevy guys will have ours on the water.. :smile17:
Us Ford boys have fun watching ya'll on the water! :smile30:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
This is a boating tips for newbies not Ford is better than Chevy post. I'm just taking advice from experienced members and posting it for newbies in a friendly manner. :smile16:

KONA77

Patchman said:
This is a boating tips for newbies not Ford is better than Chevy post. I'm just taking advice from experienced members and posting it for folks in a friendly manner. :smile16:

that is from an experienced member and a tip for new members in a friendly manner  :smile22:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
KONA77 said:
Patchman said:
This is a boating tips for newbies not Ford is better than Chevy post. I'm just taking advice from experienced members and posting it for folks in a friendly manner. :smile16:

that is from an experienced member and a tip for new members in a friendly manner  :smile22:
I fixed it now! :smile30: