Bimini Top ???

blazeracer

The tilt feature is nice. With mine, on a windy day I can't tilt it. There is nothing to hold the umbrella from spinning in the hole so it turns with the wind. Most days it's not an issue and I can live with that.

spd500

Not sure how the insides of your gunnels are , but if they are open you can get a hook that connects under the edge of the gunnel and you can tie the umbrella to that with a chord to stabilize it . Mine are going to be part open and that is kinda what I was thinking I would do to hold it still in the wind  :smile30:

blazeracer

After reading this thread a bungee cord to the cleat will work. Now that I think about it, at Broken Bow we used the mooring ropes to secure the umbrella and even hung a towel off the low end and shaded the entire interior.

sturat

In an open motor i have seen a fabbed up alumin bracket on the front of the motor to hold the umbrella. I will look for one in a bit..

sturat

Found the pics.. I was mistaken he made a ski pole mount on the front of the motor.
It would still work for an umbella holder also. Looks pretty easy to fab up...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I like that boat, but I don't think I would want to be pulling skiers with my water pump block off plate! think.gif Would like to see pics of the rest of the boat though! think.gif

spd500

Yeah , I gotta agree . I wouldn't trust it to pull skiers . But it would be a easy setup for an umbrella .

spd500

It does look like it is really well built , I guess it would probably hold up to towing skiers . But if it failed you would be screwed .

ChryslerJet

sturat said:
Found the pics.. I was mistaken he made a ski pole mount on the front of the motor.
That looks more like a ski pole

spd500

ChryslerJet said:
sturat said:

You gotta read the post before making a comment like that  crazy.gif

ChryslerJet

spd500 said:
ChryslerJet said:
sturat said:

You gotta read the post before making a comment like that  crazy.gif
Yeah silly me guess I am just being a postwhore again